Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 3/26/22)...

Copied from PBs...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#1   AFAIK, all the outfits Kate wore on the Jubilee Tour were posted either here or on the Q boards, except this one...my favorite of her JT outfits.  She looks beautiful in orange!

#2   Are these my Levi's "Dad" jeans??  They look/fit just like them.   Love this except for the awful flip flops.

#4   Wish she were standing...this looks interesting.

#5   LOVE the jacket and blouse...the other pieces, not so much.

#6    So feminine and classy (don't like the purse at all).

#8   I want this blouse!

#10   This dress is very kool...ridiculous pairing it with capris, though.   Sandals are a leeeetle bit too high.

#13   What's with the boots??  Otherwise, LOVE.

#14   This jacket is adorable!  Wouldn't it be great over a white sleeveless summer midi or maxi?  LOVE.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 3/26/22)...

5 & 6- love the colors. So pretty.

8- I'm with you, I WANT THAT BLOUSE! I also like the length and shape of the jeans.

14 - It's just a bit too sweet looking to me, although I do love the colors. With the high waisted jeans and with all the detailing, it reminds me of late 70's early 80's ...which was not a great time for me.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

My favorites are #1, #5, #7, & #8. I love the pinks in #5! Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

She does look great in orange.  Like the classic outfit, but her pants are too long.

As for Prince William...oh my, that blazer doesn't fit and doesn't look good quality.  

It's definitely too small across the shoulders and they don't have definition.  I'd like to see shoulder pads.  Not sure the reason why it doesn't hang properly is fabric quality or it's too small.  I also think the blazer is too short for him.  His shoes look like they need polished.

Honored Contributor

As always, enjoying he fashions!!!  I agree about Kate looking stylish in orange, she always looks classy and elegant.  I think the pink jacket in photo 5 is just lovely and I especially like the sleeve buttons and the three on the front of the jacket,  well placed. I agree about the blouse in #8, the style, sleeves and collar, all appealing.  The sweater in #11 is my favorite, soft pretty colors and I do like button down cardigans.  Those were my stand outs.

Honored Contributor

Suit reminds me of Chanel and St. John.  

Not my color, but it is classy.

Those shoes and handbag have to go. 

Honored Contributor

Style of the jacket is very nice, color, not for me. I don't think this somewhat formal style goes with jeans, let alone, torn high water jeans.  Casual and formal do not mix, IMO.  

The Gucci shoes look like the 60's or 70's.  Pink shoes, not for me. The shoes go with the jacket, not the jeans.  

Handbag??????????  What was she thinking?

This style of trendy dressing doesn't do anything for me. 

Honored Contributor

I like 5,7,8,and 9 and yes the jacket,

in#14 is so pretty on her but I don't think it would look good on me.

I love so many of the bold bright colors! Thanks for your posts @MacDuFF

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

These are the outfits that I'd consider ....

My shoulders are too wide for the gathers - but I do love striped shirts and dark jeans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swtch the shirt to a turtleneck and darken the denim ... this looks like what I wore on Friday!  Dark denim, turtleneck and black vest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lose the soes, and I absolutely love this outfit!  I have the perfect flats to wear. 

My only complaint - is the picture.  The way she's sitting,you can see the underside ofthe fabric at her right leg. That's a pet peeve, and a real turn-off for me on clothes were the fabric underside can be seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks just like the stuff I wear.

---------------------------------------------

I don't care for any other the other looks ..... I absolutely do not like those faded denims. 

Respected Contributor

I really like #7, the embroidered blouse with all that detail under the rugged outdoorsy vest, simple jeans.  

The buttoned jackets w/tie belts and lots of buttons including the orange one Duchess Kate wore are so reminiscent of the ones I wore in the 70's when I was young, thin, had glorious hair.....

My current shape will not work with them but interesting to see things cycle around....sometimes several times!

The flowery cropped jacket is lovely.