Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 3/19/22)...

Copied from PB for Q fashionistas...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#1   Boss Lady...she looks great!

#2   Love the blouse

#3   Interesting print

#4   I want this jacket!!!!!!!

#5   I'm not crazy about the pointed shoulders and I'd wear black socks (or a slightly longer inseam), but this is a sharp outfit, and I'm not even a big fan of animal print

#6   Classic

#7   Ahn always looks nice no matter what the circumstance (she's at 34 weeks)!   Love the color (which I'm calling "salmon" haha).

#8   I could re-create a similar look with my Dad jeans

#11   This one has my name written all over it...my favorite.

#13   I got a big kick out of these

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 3/19/22)...

@MacDuFF    Looks like cuffed jeans are really the "in" thing, is that correct?  I personally like them.  There's something youthful about them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Long time @Kachina624!   Hope you are well.   Well, I've been cuffing jeans my whole life, but it does seem that, in the past few years, it's been more of a "thing."   I'm convinced my fashionista Aunts invented the whole idea of cuffed jeans back in the 40s and 50s haha.   I think you're correct...they have a youthful (and casual) look/feel.  

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF    I think it may have been Huck Finn but I do remember it being popular in the '50s.  It's great if your pants are a mite too long and you're lazy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Not my color, pants too short, but this outfit has promise.  Classic suit.  White shirt...no.  I think brown print top matching the buttons, "tucked" in.  Same color shoes.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like the coat, not with blue jeans...black jeans, yes. Coat appears brown and black, black top, black boots, and handbag.  Not everything goes with blue.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624   No way.  Huck, that little stinker, stole the idea from my Aunts!   I have a few pairs of jeans I wear in the winter when I prefer a longer inseam and a finished hem, but I also use those jeans in transition when I like to cuff them.  In the summer, I prefer a cropped inseam and love a frayed hem.  Go figure!

@Foxxee   Whaaat?!   Practically everything I own must go with jeans...it's a cardinal rule around here haha.  Agree with you about a brown print with the suit (#2).

It's way past my bedtime...'nite everyone...have a great week.

Respected Contributor

Love this! 

Respected Contributor

Wow!  I love this week!  Any combo that features black and white works for me.  I love patterned shoes on others but, I never think to look for me.  Gotta rethink that one!  I love #6.  Such a classic.  I just bought my first pair of lighter wash jeans and I was hunting for my blazer to wear with it.  Thanks for the reminder!!  I smiled at #9.  I wear black slacks and a black sweater for work often.  Toss on a cool blazer, cardiagan and some accessoties and your all good.  My coworkers and I call it our "uniform". I enjoy the fashion favorites!  Have a great week!! First day of spring!! Woo Hoo!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Some version of 5 and 9 is my uniform except for hottest months. I also like the green sweater combo in 10, but would never wear that color.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."