Valued Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 12/16/23)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads. I read them all and especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#1  Effortless

#3  This gorgeous purple!  Surprised I like it with the yellow bag.  Too bad I don't like leather (real or faux), otherwise this would have been a 10 in my book.

#4  Effortless party dressing...just add a sparkly bag and sparkly earrings to black.  I like all three.

#6  The shoe throws it off a little to my eye...I think the inseam needs to be longer with those shoes...or something, otherwise, I like this.

#7  LOVE this!

#8  Pretty in pink.  

#9  Favorite.  Similar to my winter uniform...minimalist.

#10  Love the cut of these jeans.

#11  Second favorite.  I get a kick out of this...uniform-ish for me, but with a big unusual!! factor.

#13  I think the crops are kool, but not the styling.  I'd wear a white blouse tied in front and sandals.  Or a black tee.

#14   Winter uniform-ish for me.

#15  Love the texture play, but would wear beige or black jeans.

Sorry I'm a day late (and a dollar short, too haha), but I was so sick yesterday.  Whatever it was, it's pretty much gone today, but it was a doozy...like I'd been run over by a Mack truck!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, stylish week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 12/16/23)...

You can send all of these fashions to me!

Even the red plaid sleeveless dress......I'll do a 'Nanny Fine' and wear a black turtleneck underneath !

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF,

Glad you are better and I bet you are glad too!

I like the coat in #15Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF  I like most of them, but #14 is me, I love a nice black sweater with jeans. That look is so much my casual look,  I even have her same hairstyle.  As, always I enjoy your post.  Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

Love #2, 9 and 15. 

Honored Contributor

No. 14 and the sweater on No.15 are the only ones this week. I have an almost identical no. 15 sweater.

But on 14, I would wear darker pants.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry you were sick, @MacDuFF, glad you are feeling better!

#15 is my Fav...and as usual it's the jacket that made me swoon! But I love the whole look (though I'd never, personally, wear that much turtleneck...I'd be dying! lol) but I love it all, on her. I love the ivory pants with it, myself, more than a dark choice...loving the monochromatic look of it, and I like winter white pants.

Also like the jacket in #5, but I don't think it works with those wide jeans...I'd like it with a straight or slim leg. I like those jeans, just not with that jacket.

#4 Like all 3 looks, particularly the third, jumpsuit. Yes, you can never go wrong with simple black, and a pop of a sparkly, or some kind of statement shoe or bag. Her jeans are nice too.

#2 So much gray is not my vibe, but she looks chic.

As usual...(am I like a broken record yet?...)...love the coat.

#8 Pretty shade of pink, nice on her.

#9 Please...make those clownish cropped jeans go away! I feel it brings this otherwise classic look down. 

#11 Love those boots!

#12 Very nice dress...I personally would prefer it tea length..on me...and on her. She carries it off...I just would like it a bit shorter.

#14 Simple, can't go wrong "uniform", as you say...ready for lunch with the girls! 

Thanks, as always @MacDuFF ...always enjoy "analyzing" your picks!  

Have a good week, everyone! 👗👛👖👜👢

Esteemed Contributor

#s 14 and 15 this week for me, too.   Agree that darker jeans would work best for 15, as well.   

Glad you're feeling better @MacDuFF !

Honored Contributor

Glad you're feeling better!!

#2 --- Love this total look!  I have worn this almost identical outfit in the past.  It was a favorite of mine!

#7 -- These colors are just delightful!  I can't even describe how much I truly adore this look!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning, @MacDuFF . I'm glad you're feeling better ❤️‍🩹

I really liked most of this week's pics, but my favorites are:

#1-This outfit is cute and comfy looking, and also put together.

#2-Tonal dressing in shades of grey works!

#3-I like the mix of colors, purple and yellow with the black pants.

#4-All 3 party looks are beautiful. Those blingy shoes and handbag are a "wow".

#7-Love the green and purple together.

Have a great week and stay well. 😊