Valued Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 10/22/22)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#1   I. Want. This. Blouse!!

#2  I want this bag!

#3  I want these sneaks!!  

#4  Yep...I want this cardi (help. me!)  

#5  Sophisticated casual

#7   I could easily see me in this

#13  Love the sweater, love the color, fixated on the beautiful scalloped edge!

#14  Effortless chic 

#16(a)   Elegant

#16(b)  Detail...and, yeah, I want the earrings

#17  She looks great!

#18  Beautiful textural look

Have a great week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 10/22/22)...

[ Edited ]

JMHO, Only.  Not as many this week as the past but I still like some a whole lot.

#1: Love that blouse too.

#2: Not a fan of that handbag. I like the shape, etc. Not my favorite color combination.

#3: Not a Sneakers fan. Never have been. Reminds me of the gym days when everybody smelled like sweat and sneakers were the worst offender.

#4: I am not a fan of Indian-American (or Native American) designs. I know many are.

#5: Pretty lady, great body for wearing the shacket and brown outfit. Nice.

#6: Cute girl. She looks cute in that. Whatever it is. Is it shorts with a slicker or is it a dress with shorts.

#7: I have not grown accustomed to the high-waters pants --- yet and I will never like those masculine boots.

#8: Although she, too, has on high-waters pants, she looks cute in them and the boot not so bad. Maybe the look is not for everybody but she looks cute in it.

#9: I like everything but the shoes. Cannot abide the shoes.

#10: I love that look. I love that dress on her. I also LOVE the handbag.

#11: Adorable.

#12: Like my daughter, she looks adorable in the puffer vest but I would look like the Michelin man. You would look good in that too, MacDuff.

#13: I, too, love that sweater, color, design, weave pattern. Everything about it and looks precious with denim.

#14: I would wear that and probably have. I love Breton tops and usually have 1-2 in my closet and I like black pants, any way you wear them, but especially denim and wide legs.

#15: Adorable, sweater, pants, all of it.

#16: Yes, very elegant. I cannot wear that look but I wish I could. My tall sister and my daughter would look great in that. So would you.

#17: I like everything about this lady. The sweater dress looks so nice on her hour-glass body and the purse are so lady-like. Not a fan of the “elephant wrinkle” boot look but it looks good on her with that color and her outfit.

#18: Great neutral combination: Hat, bag and poncho. Great taste.

Respected Contributor

Wow, @MacDuFF ....last wk none of them interested me, and this week...where do I begin?! 😄

#2 LOVE that bag...I want it too! How different.

#3 Cute sneakers! With certain, elevated outfits, nice slacks those would look great

#4 Too much for me...but I do love the Southwest look in red/white/blue for a change from the traditional Southwest rusts, russets, golds, and turquoises. So great against that simple, striped sweater. She looks great!

#6 OH...I LOVE that plaid trench!! I love the way she's styled it though at my age I wouldn't try that. But that trench...gimmeeeee pleasssse. Where did that come from/what is it? Do you know. So cool.

#7 Funny, what you said...I said the same looking at it..."I could see wearing that." Though I don't own chunky boots like that, I'd probably wear a short western type bootie, but I think that chunky one is more on trend for that. Those little booties, while still worn, and I still wear mine and love them...might be starting to get dated a bit. Not sure? Thoughts anyone?

#8 Could easily see myself in that too. Though I don't wear  or own much brown at all...the right deep chocolate color, with black, can look chic, like she does here. But I know me, if I'm honest...I'd probably pic another color, like ivory!

Which is besides the point here...she pulls off the brown/blk nicely.

#9 I don't like this, but laughed because those pants (though too short) remind me SO much of some Limited pants I owned in the 90's, I loved and wore...to death! Though I'd wear them with a heeled western style, fashion boot I had. "Forenze" I believe is how they spelled the name of a brand they put out then. Mine were gray. The pleated front. I'd wear with a cropped jacket or chunky cropped sweater, Limited also sold lots of then. Man, I used to buy tons from Limited, and for a short while worked for them in the 80's. Kinda miss the days it was such a great go-to for me.

#10 Tres chic. Love the bag.

#11 Pretty much never met a jacket I didn't love. And the bag with it is predictable but looks nice and I want one like it. I've yet to get a nice, leather, black bag with chain strap. I want a nice one. They sells tons of cheap knock offs, faux leather everywhere, or way too expensive designer ones. I need one somewhere on the lower end pricing of "good."

#12 As my dear mom would have said..."That does nothing for her."

#13 I'm in LOVE with that sweater! Where do we get one?

#14 "Effortless chic"...yes. But, please a closed toe shoe! I just think it looks sloppy and not good with the open toe, chunky sandal.

#15 Cute. Could easily see me in that too.

#17 Pretty on her, but I think a slightly bigger bag would look better.

#18 Last but not least. Beautiful. She looks fantastic...another unexpected take on slightly Southwest, without all the usual Southwest colors. 

Thanks for posting! Now...where to we go shopping for some of our favs?!! Smiley Happy 👜🧥👖👢👟

Trusted Contributor

I like almost everything in today's post.  My fave is the cardi in number 4.  In fact I love the whole outfit but I'd replace the striped tee with a white shirt. 

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF I like almost everything, and would have worn a lot of it---but I WANT THOSE SNEAKERS! At 67, I have fallen in love with sneakers of various styles, and have a lot of Skechers (sneakers and boots).

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

#7 would workk the best for me.  I have seen a number of little quilted jackets in Kohl's lately.  So cute!  I used to have a couple of these ages ago and I wore them to death.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF 

These are some great outfits.

#1 That lace pink blouse is gorgeous!

#4 The whole outfit is something I would wear. I love the cardigan with the striped tee, jeans and boots. 
#5 That plaid jacket is pretty.

#15 I really like those jeans and belt.

Have a great week.

Esteemed Contributor

I love #3!!!!!!! I want those sneakers! That was, by far, my favorite item in this group of posts.

Honored Contributor

I like the sweaters at 4, and 15.  I  have one similar style/shape to the white one - different stitch pattern.  

Also like the look of the jackets on the models at 5 and 11.  Not a good look for me.

I have the hat at 18 .... got it from Amazon several months ago.  I was just adjusting the brim yesterday.  Trying to get it at the right angles front and back.

There's a woman who goes to our church that has worn that style hat for all the years I've known her.

Honored Contributor

I'll take the shoes, too.

Love this sweater, but not with the striped sweater.

Beautiful outfit.  She looks great.  Wouldn't wear the flared pants, though.

Love this coat.

Beautiful classic style.  Looks nice on this lady.

Not my colors, but I like all of it, even the hat.