Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e/ 1/30/21)...

@Love my grandkids 

Isn't that a beautiful color?!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee  I'd love to see a tee under the jacket in #7 that matches the purse, which looks more caramel or butterscotch than camel to me...great idea.  White or black is so...predictable.  A color similar to the purse would bring that color out more and give the outfit more...depth?  (I'm babbling hahaha.)

Foxxee and @Katcat1 ... yeah, those spaceman boots!  I'm not a professional stylist...nor do I play one on the forums...but those boots would only look good with a huge hooded parka (white with cream colored fur trim, of course) on an expedition to the Arctic Circle.

I'm jealous if you can wear that color in #4, @Love my grandkids and @DiAnne ...it's gorgeous!

@Andreatoo  I bought/returned a similar FP sweater in that color at the Rack a few months ago.  FP is not for me.  I have to go to an xs to deal with their voluminous/odd shapes, which, of course, throws off the proportions, so I usually don't even look at their stuff.

Thanks @NEvans2 and @Flatbush ...I'm glad you enjoy these threads!

@spiderw  I own exactly one wool winter coat (don't need coats here), so I'm living vicariously through these pics.  So glad you enjoyed the show!

Hi @tototwo  @ALRATIBA  and @Lisa Y  ...the workmanship on the embroidered vintage jacket is stunning...rivals anything I've ever seen from Johnny Was.

@amyb and DiAnne...I really liked that gold/yellow tweed jacket in #13, too...it's different...would brighten a dreary winter's day!

@Boehm Collector  You might be amyb's spirit animal HA!  That jacket in #2 is a classic look.  (Just curious...do you collect flutes?)

Hi @shoptilyadropagain and Queen of shop!

Hi @wilma  ...My biggest problem with the tonal look is "white in winter."  And I don't like cream/off whites either, especially near my face.  I've tried it and just don't like it (altho I love it on others, go figure).  Have you tried tonal with another color?  I especially like using different shades of a color...and texture, too, can play a part in making the tonal look work, IMO. 

I think I could wear something like this with a pair of grey jeans and boots (rather than a white/cream tonal).

Which hat suits me

As always, thanks for your comments!  Hope you're having a wonderful week.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I like them all.  I love #7.  I do not like camo.  The only one (I think #6) that I do not like.  I am just anti camo.  Maybe saw my DH wear it too many years and know what it meant to him and to me, ultimately.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Nonametoday  I like camo in small doses only.  I own one camo piece...a cashmere sweater I bought recently at the Rack...black, charcoal, light gray (I don't like any of the other camo colors).  I've surprised myself by wearing it quite a lot in the past few weeks!  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @Nonametoday  I like camo in small doses only.  I own one camo piece...a cashmere sweater I bought recently at the Rack...black, charcoal, light gray (I don't like any of the other camo colors).  I've surprised myself by wearing it quite a lot in the past few weeks!  

@MacDUFF   I cannot imagie a camo cashmere sweater looking like the old camo. It probably just looks like a blend of good colors.  It doesn't sound like that vest that lady has on or all these pants at QVC that I tired of before they were presented.  Especially GILI

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MacDUFF ... no, I do not collect flutes.   I do collect Boehm Porcelain figurines.  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @wilma  ...My biggest problem with the tonal look is "white in winter."  And I don't like cream/off whites either, especially near my face.  I've tried it and just don't like it (altho I love it on others, go figure).  Have you tried tonal with another color?  I especially like using different shades of a color...and texture, too, can play a part in making the tonal look work, IMO. 

I think I could wear something like this with a pair of grey jeans and boots (rather than a white/cream tonal).

Which hat suits me

As always, thanks for your comments!  Hope you're having a wonderful week.

@MacDUFF 

I don’t think I’d wear all white in the cold weather either. I like white, but I love creams & ivories. I’ve been told they look good on me. I have a beautiful ivory dress that I’ve worn in both winter & spring. I wear it with a cardigan that is ivory with taupe abstract flowers. I've also worn tonal greys, navy, and black together. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector   Naturally, I looked up Boehm porcelain as I had (obviously!) never heard of it.  WOW! 

I fell right in love with the owls, but check out that egret! 

Loved the flowers, too.  I want the last one...gorgeous...but, OH, that pink one!  I bet they're stunning in person.  

I'm assuming your avatar is Boehm. 

I'd love to see some of yours...if you've posted any pics here already, would you provide a link...or start a new thread (notify me) or post them here?

See the source image

See the source image

A BOEHM LIMITED EDITION PORCELAIN "Great White Egret" SCULPTURE, SIGNED, 1982,

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @MacDUFF .... My Dad got us interested in Boehm Porcelain back in 1976.   I have been collecting them ever since.   I have birds and flowers...and an elephant.   

This is an owl I bought for my husband several years ago:

10177_Boehm_Snowy_Owl_1__20940.1531189140.500.659.JPG

These  are among  my all time favorite pieces:

10191-Boehm-Purple-Finch-With-Azaleas-WEB__85229.1474593556.1280.1280.JPG

40449-Boehm-Indigo-Bunting-With-Trellis-WEB__35386.1474594635.500.659.JPG

IMG_9475__76483.1551450000.1280.1280.JPG

images-1.jpeg

F508_Boehm_White_Rose_With_Juniper_Berries_Butterfly_1__59328.1530908966.500.659.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF   . . check out theboehmshowroom dot com.