Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites OVERFLOW...

MacDUFF!

Yes, my forum name was changed from spiderwoman to spiderw without my consent!!!!! No explanation given!!!  Thank you for asking.

Honored Contributor

Nothing of interesting for me .... but what's with #20's toes?

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw 

Without your consent??   Oh, HAIL no!!  I don't even want to think about how that could have happened!

Who remembers when the Q switched to this format...what?  7-8 years ago?  We were all just thrown to the wind...running around like chickens with our heads cut off...complete chaos...no one knew how to navigate the new forum...no help at all from the Q.  We were on our own.  And the Mods, too.   Just like now.  

For the past two weeks, I kept thinking, "well, this is yet another Qlitch...par for the course...give it a few days," etc.  But then I kept seeing posts that were indicative of something really wrong...everyone having slightly different issues...days and days and days with no fix...posts talking about possible security breach...no information from the Q...change browsers, blahblahblah.  I tried many of the fixes posted, but nothing worked.  I was stuck in an endless loop of signing in on a different page from normal, being asked to change screen name, being sent back to sign in page, etc.  I didn't want to change my screen name...it's interesting how proprietary I feel about my screen name!  Plus I started wondering about security.

I sent several emails to the Mods and got canned responses "so sorry...IT working on it...be patient."  I finally realized I would continue to jump thru hoops 'til the cows came home trying to figure it out on my own while waiting and waiting and waiting for Q's illustrious IT dept to fix this mess OR I would have to bite the bullet and change my screen name.  

I first asked the Mods to remove my credit card info from the system.  I was told I had to have an open acct to post on the forums, otherwise I would have closed it.  

In one of my emails to the Mods, I requested they start a thread (with comments disabled, of course...it would be really pitiful for a thread started by the Mods to get poofed due to a blistering backlash of frustration hahaha) to give us status updates and maybe some suggestions as to what the heck to do or try in order to work around this mess.  They said they'd send my request to IT.  I'm sure IT will get right on it.

Face it y'all, the forums are chopped liver...probably at the bottom of the priority list, understandably.   I encourage everyone to get an avatar which are helpful identifiers the next time Q has a forum IT meltdown.  Of course, Murphy's Law dictates that the next Q website fiasco will involve losing our avatars (or having them arbitrarily removed)!!  

Every dang time there's a Qlitch, I feel like a fish flopping on the shore after a tsunami hahaha!

It's funny, but it's not.  It's sad is what it is.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF,

I missed you too!

And was just wondering if you were ok so went searching for your post😊

So many pretty ones and even the ones I might not wear, there are some where the models look so great in what they are wearing.

Really fun to look at.And makes me wish I had a wardrobe like that.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"