Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Designers Please Stop with the High.Low Hem

@SunValley wrote:

There will always be something in style that I can't or won't wear. I definitely don't wear colors that look awful on me no matter what's the color of the year. It lessens my choices at times, but at least I don't waste money on items that go quickly out of style or look awful on me. I will admit  weakness for shoes!

Same here, @SunValley. Not wasting any more money on bad colors. And, for me, at 5'4" and l05 lbs., I don't need all that material flapping around my thighs. I've watched, hoping to buy, but I've always been sure I would never wear them.

I'll wait; something new will come....

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Wouldn't it be an awesome idea for Q to email a survey to find out what we like in fashion & beauty and also what we are not willing to purchase? A novel idea, but makes sense for a company supposedly in the red. Wouldn't the 1st step be to find out where they are not meeting customer needs? They are sure free w/ the emails re: TSVs, changes in program times, "Look What's New", Coming Soon...

Send an email survey that may make a difference. Would you be willing to fill it out if it meant seeing the clothing, skincare/makeup, home products we'd like to see and those they can cart off to Goodwill? 

I agree, @Shanus. I used to be able to pick up casual, weekend tops from Denim & Co. I really don't know what's happened to Gary: bringing poly, embellishment and way too long tops. Too much time in Europe, maybe.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Yesterday IM top on AM style oyvay, back long 😃 made the thin models look frumpy and heavy. Recall 20plus years ago, Oprah has fashion editor showing side by side effects of wearing tops with to much fabric. Fascinating, Really added weight along with making the lady shrink in height. Oh! By the way! odd shapes and horrible layers upon layers, You can have it. Beautiful model Stacy, Logo makes her look frumpy. Thank God! Talbots and LL Bean.💁

I would never wear Logo.  It is like a tunic with a flare on the bottom. It looks like a ballet top.

...and their fly-away voluminous cardigans, well...not in this life time.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Everybody's different - thank goodness for that!  Personally, I would never wear hi-lo hems on anything and the tunics look like old maternity clothes to me.  I always chuckle to myself when I see ladies wearing these styles.  I hope the designers keep making them - they put a smile on my face.

...same here, lol. But, this isn't the first time women wear ridiculous things b/c someone tells them it's the style and fashionable and it won't be the last.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, Renee from WIC does the worst hi-low's: the highest in the front and the lowest in the back with the back hanging and waving low from behind. Really, tell me how pretty that is.

Esteemed Contributor

I like both style  of tops...  When I wear them I  get many compliments from men and women, Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@elated. Hi. I'm 5'1", too and am wondering how you put a tunic outfit together & don't appear shorter? I look like I'm standing in a hole. On every makeover show, fashion mag., etc. it says shorter women should watch proportion because longer tops, especially w/o anything showing some type of waist, makes them look shorter. Not one to follow traditional fashion advice, I tried the tunics, LOGO's baggy tops and the irregular or asymmetrical hems, having a long top hanging from my shoulders w/o any sign of a body shape underneath doesn't work for me. I do look shorter...and worse... about 10 lbs. heavier.

Honored Contributor

This is a design that is here to stay for awhile whether we like it or not (I'm a "not"). I wish there were more options. If one designer takes the bait, al the fish in the pool gather around and there aren't many tailored, fitted, reg. length tops to choose from. Those of us who do not prefer this tunic, hi/low style will just have to wait it out. When "our" preferred tops are back, what will all the women who liked the tunics wear? They will also have to wait it out.

Respected Contributor

I think if we could all have items custom tailored wardrobes just about any fashion could be attractive. I certainly cannot and if I could afford that I would probably not be here on the Q or other shopping channels, thrift stores , Walmart, Kohls or --you get the idea . Smiley Happy

In answer to your ? --yeah- I am getting a little tired of some. If I can try things on , I can tell if they compliment.

I sort of hope longer tunics will stay around. I believe most females have 'pooches' (babies/operations etc. ) that a tunic may camouflage if the fit is right.  I prefer straight or subtle hi/lo rounded hems for myself. I have seen examples in real life of the good/bad/ & ugly like any trend.

When I watch the Johnny Carson reruns of the Tonight show I get extra laughs seeing some of the fashions that I lived through (men's/ women's/ & furnishings) and think --Oh my I thought those were terrific --then laugh !

Esteemed Contributor

...plus, @Shanus, it shortens your legs. Some of the petites look just awful with the long tunics. I've never seen a petite in tunics that I thought I want to look like that.