Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Designers Please Stop with the High.Low Hem

Don't own a hi/low, shark bite or tunic. And don't care for the A-line tops that look like maternity tops. I think they're "fading."

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@StylishLady,  Thank you.  That is the key word "OPTIONS" and this past year, almost all the tops I was seeing were tunic or the high/low hems and not only at QVC.   It seems the designers start out with a new idea and forget about everything else.  Hopefully, the Spring clothes will bring new ideas and some old standbys.  Cat Very Happy

There was a time that no matter which designer I saw on QVC, most of the top and dress/skirt offerings were this hi/lo or shark bite hemline.  My viewing during fashion shows definitely decreased as a result.  As you say, it's about options, but QVC management has clearly decided that variety is not a priority when it comes to programming and inventory.  Same old, same old.  Yawn.  😴😴😴

Respected Contributor

There will always be something in style that I can't or won't wear. I definitely don't wear colors that look awful on me no matter what's the color of the year. It lessens my choices at times, but at least I don't waste money on items that go quickly out of style or look awful on me. I will admit  weakness for shoes!

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't it be an awesome idea for Q to email a survey to find out what we like in fashion & beauty and also what we are not willing to purchase? A novel idea, but makes sense for a company supposedly in the red. Wouldn't the 1st step be to find out where they are not meeting customer needs? They are sure free w/ the emails re: TSVs, changes in program times, "Look What's New", Coming Soon...

Send an email survey that may make a difference. Would you be willing to fill it out if it meant seeing the clothing, skincare/makeup, home products we'd like to see and those they can cart off to Goodwill? 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Wouldn't it be an awesome idea for Q to email a survey to find out what we like in fashion & beauty and also what we are not willing to purchase? A novel idea, but makes sense for a company supposedly in the red. Wouldn't the 1st step be to find out where they are not meeting customer needs? They are sure free w/ the emails re: TSVs, changes in program times, "Look What's New", Coming Soon...

Send an email survey that may make a difference. Would you be willing to fill it out if it meant seeing the clothing, skincare/makeup, home products we'd like to see and those they can cart off to Goodwill? 

I think sales figures let them know what people want to buy or leave in the warehouse, but I see no reason why a survey would not be helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Marlyn1 I do think tunic tops look good on tall, slim women.  IMO, it is difficult for a petite woman to wear a tunic top.  Everyone has diffirent taste and that is what it's all about.  

I am 5'1"  and I wear tunic tops with Jeggings. I wear shoes that match the pants and makes you look taller. I have bought many sweaters from JC Penney that are made by Arizona. They are high/low but do not overwhelm you. I buy them in the junior section. I go up one or two sizes so they are oversized. They look cute with the jeggings.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Yesterday IM top on AM style oyvay, back long 😃 made the thin models look frumpy and heavy. Recall 20plus years ago, Oprah has fashion editor showing side by side effects of wearing tops with to much fabric. Fascinating, Really added weight along with making the lady shrink in height. Oh! By the way! odd shapes and horrible layers upon layers, You can have it. Beautiful model Stacy, Logo makes her look frumpy. Thank God! Talbots and LL Bean.💁

I would never wear Logo.  It is like a tunic with a flare on the bottom. It looks like a ballet top.

Valued Contributor

I wear tunic tops a lot.  I don't mind the high-low hem. 

It just depends on the top.

There are so many styles out there - something for everyone.  I never understand why people say they want designers to stop designing a certain thing.  Just don't buy it...

Honored Contributor

Tunics are fantastic for me as I'm very tall; traditional shirts don't hit me at a good place, lol.

High-low isn't my taste so I don't purchase them but since others love them, why not?

If you don't like something, simply don't buy it. There are plenty of lines that don't offer tunics; trust me on that.

Esteemed Contributor

Everybody's different - thank goodness for that!  Personally, I would never wear hi-lo hems on anything and the tunics look like old maternity clothes to me.  I always chuckle to myself when I see ladies wearing these styles.  I hope the designers keep making them - they put a smile on my face.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt