Honored Contributor

Fashion Designers Please Stop with the High.Low Hem

It would be interesting to find out how many women like the look of the high/low hem?  Personally, I wish the designers would stop making tops with this type of hemline.  It certainly is not atractive   I wish the designers would think of some other fashion statement.  What is your viewpoint?   Please share.  P.S.  And, enough with with the TUNIC tops!   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Designers Please Stop with the High.Low Hem

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I like tunics and high/low hems. I do think they are flattering when done well.

Valued Contributor

I like high low hems as long as it's not too extreme.  Some hide things that I don't want to show. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love tunic tops and high low hem as long as they're not extreme.  You can wear a tunic over a nice pair of slacks, good shoes and looked pulled together.  I don't wear sweats, jogging suits, nor athletic shoes but can easily throw on a pair of jeans and tunic and run errands. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was watching the LOGO show today - for the 1st time. The hi-low look doesn't suit me because I'm short and a few pounds overweight. I think it looks good on tall/slim women. Lori's clothes must be selling - otherwise, they wouldn't have so many shows. I do like tunic length -- but I mostly buy the regular length tops.

Honored Contributor

I am short and don't wear tunic or high low tops,  I don't care if designers are still making these tops.

There are plenty of place to shop to get what I want. There is something for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I've never liked the high-low hems.  I know many love LOGO, but I just don't get it.  I think the ones with the long backs just draw more attention to the backside, not cover it up. Lately, I've seen a few things on Denim & Co that I was interested in, until I realized that the back was longer than the front -- a particular plaid vest I would have bought in a heartbeat, but no...  I wish they would have the models turn around more often and show the backs of garments instead of just standing there moving from one foot to the other but never showing the entire garment.  I don't watch Evine, but occasionally I flip over to see what's on.  The other day they had a shirt that had a solid front that was just below the waist in length, and a print back that hung WAY below the bum almost to the knees.  It was without a doubt the most ridiculous looking top I've seen in a long time.  Susan Graver used to be my go-to designer and I have lots of her clothes from a few years back, until she also started doing the high-low and the VERY long tunic tops, as well as some awful prints.  JMO.  She always says they don't overpower you, but in my opinion, they even overpower her as well as the models.  Guess I just prefer a more classic look. To each her own.... facepalm smiley

Respected Contributor

High/Low hems. "shark bite", and cold shoulders can all go away as far as I'm concerned. Just this women's opinion you know.

Respected Contributor

I've really enjoyed my hi lo tips and long dusters, I'm tall and slender ....I think the long dusters can give and elegant look even with jeans, and the hi lo tunics can give an asymmetric look to an otherwise lanky body (:

Honored Contributor

Love tunics, would like to see more.  I have a long torso and need a longer top.  I like high low hems depending on the cut.