Honored Contributor

Since so many of you have very hard and fast rules on what you will wear, what do you wear?

For me I wear what I am comfortable in and what looks good, I am retired and for years I worked at home.

The only thing I dislike is joggers or any pant with a tight cuff on the bottom

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Deal Makers

[ Edited ]

I also wear what feels good and what I think is flattering. For me that’s a lot of prints on top in layers, loose/flowing styles and skinny bottoms(jeans, leggings, jeggings, of all lengths). Shoes are mostly casual flats. For work it’s capris and sleeveless blouses in the summer.

I’ve missed wearing my cute summer clothes going out to places. I am clearly not someone who dresses up for myself LOL. At home with the pandemic it’s been athletic shorts and graphic tees all summer. 

Honored Contributor

I wear ....

Polo and t-shirts

Turtleneck shirts (mostly)

Button front blouses

Scarves and shawls

DB faux fur coats

LandsEnd jackets, raincoats and parkas

Totes raincoats

Jazzy jackets from almost anywhere

Handknit sweaters, jackets and scarves

Straight leg pants - from anywhere I find them.

All my dresses are black.

Honored Contributor

A list of all the things I wear would be pretty long so how about a short list of things I love to wear. 🥰

Straight leg & trouser leg dark wash jeans

Straight leg neutral color tailored zip fly trousers 

Traditional length printed cardigans worn buttoned up as tops

Knee length wrap dresses in solids & prints

Zip front hoodies 

Esteemed Contributor

My list is short.

Yoga pants, not the tight-fitting kind, but a relaxed fit. They look like skinny slacks. 

Lands End T-shirts or Polo shirts.

Hanes Hoodies. 

Just ordered some of the old fashioned Keds tennis shoes.

Super Contributor

My typical outfit would be a flowy blouse over comfortable dark denim or black pants/capris. In the cooler months, I often change it up to more fitted tops with an open cardigan over it. 

I am fairly traditional when it comes to the colors I wear. For instance, I gravitate toward jewel tones and autumn leaf colors in the fall. I wouldn't say I have hard and fast rules, but I am definitely drawn to colors that "match" the current holidays and seasons. Maybe that's the teacher in me, LOL! 

Super Contributor

Re: Fashion Deal Makers

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA  I have never really worn scarves or shawls, but I love seeing what Dr. Birx is wearing. She has some really pretty ones! They can make an outfit pop. Maybe I will try one on me sometime. Smiley Happy

@wilma I love zip-front hoodies, too. For whatever reason, I hate pulling things over my head. I have an Isaac zip-front hoodie that is fleecy inside, and it was basically my uniform for the first month of the pandemic when I wasn't working and was taking 3 walks a day! 

Esteemed Contributor

Once it gets cold I live in Flexabelle Jeans and sweatshirts (I have sweatshirts in various styles, 1/2 zip, hoodies and weights) What a pleasue to be retired after years of dressing for work. My dress pants are my black jeans and a flowey top and black ballet flats. Fall is jeans, blouse and cardis. Only knits I wear are sweaters, no liquid knits, ponte knits and no loud large prints. It all works for me. 

Honored Contributor

I think everyone wears what feels good, no one looks for clothes that are uncomfortable.  I like fashion, I like a current look. I've been working from home for years but I don't like a "lived in" look with leisure clothes that look like pj's.  We're into Fall now so I'd wear something like black leggings with an oversized sweater, thick socks.  Maybe jeans with a crisp white button.  I always wear a little makeup, lip color and jewelry too.  It's just for me but if a friend asks me to go to lunch or if hubby wants to go out for dinner, I just put some boots on and go.   I now have so many black leggings, skinny black stretch pants and jeans that I only buy tops and thick socks now.

Trusted Contributor

No rules, but I love wearing layers. Not the look of layers, actual layers. Love the way it feels. So I wear a shirt, second layer, and pants every day. Shirts range from tanks to thick turtlenects. Second layers might be super light button front shirts all the way to thick jackets. Button front shirts can go either way--over tanks or under pullovers and jackets. Pants are jeans, linens, knits and stretch gabs. I like both straight and narrow legs, even cargoes with cuffs.

By adjusting the fabrics and cuts, and changing scarves and footwear, I go all the way through four seasons. I can even pull out a couple dozen items as a capsule to wear for a season, if I want to. The best part is that I have enough in each category, andsoI always have outfits, but I don't know when I'll ever need or want anything else.