Honored Contributor

Fashion Deal Breakers

[ Edited ]

When you are shopping around for new clothes, in person or on line what styles or colors make you scroll on by.  For me it's pastels, 3/4 sleeves, wide leg pants, camo, large prints, white, Mary Janes and high heels, ( love heels but can't wear them anymore).  How about you what are your personal deal breakers ? I forgot too short tops.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

dont !ike sleeveless, anything orange, anything with embellishments, anything showing midriff, any shoes that are not super narrow (which is most), and i dont care for cardigan s and blazers that are made of any kind of thick, bulky material. I also dont like clothes that are 100% wool. That is my start.......

Honored Contributor

I do not wear heels anymore either, although I like some of the styles I pass them by.  I also do not like ankle boots or whatever they are called.  I look for comfort and always manage to find brands which provide that.  

I used to wear dresses and skirts all the time but being retired I  dress casually and do not buy those articles of clothing any more.  I am happy with my way of dressing now as opposed to how I used to dress.  I do appreciate styles and designs and still look but my taste is basic and comfortable.

Respected Contributor

Joggers, tops that are too long (that are really tunic length, but called tops)

strappy shoes and high heels (wish I could still wear them) denim clothes and jeans - never did like them.

Honored Contributor

My biggest deal-breaker is discomfort, and it's applies to everything I wear.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

When you are shopping around for new clothes, in person or on line what styles or colors make you scroll on by.  For me it's pastels, 3/4 sleeves, wide leg pants, camo, large prints, white, Mary Janes and high heels, ( love heels but can't wear them anymore).  How about you what are your personal deal breakers ? I forgot too short tops.

Any dress or top that is not bra friendly, shoes that are not comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Floral prints (except mini), zippers everywhere( SG has been going zipper crazy lately)  darts (unless you line up...it is a hot mess) pockets everywhere, asymetrical tops, tunics tunics tunics (yes available for customers...but these days it seems all you see) crew/round necklines (anything around my neck feels uncomfortable...hence favorite neckline is the V Neckline..), short sleeve or elbow sleeve.....

Trusted Contributor

White tops and pants, pastels (mostly), purple anything. Sneakers unless I absolutely need a pair and then they cannot be clunky!  lol. Bermuda shorts and short shorts.

Honored Contributor

Tops with wide open necklines

Synthetic fabrics

A-line styles

Flared pants

Colors that make me look dead

Clunky shoes and boots

Small handbags

Handbags with handles

Hoods except on raincoats and heavy winter coats.

Dresses except formal

Short blazers, jackets, tops

Faux leather shoes

Styles that aren't classic

Anything sleeveless

Scarves worn as fashion accessories

Ruffles

Anything cheaply made

Jeans

Jean jackets

Skirts above the knee

Most prints