Respected Contributor

Where is the "fashion"? 

I haven't seen anything new, stylish or worth purchasing yet today!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day?

[ Edited ]

I'm still trying to accept  DUCK BOOTS as fashion footwear. It's not that easy....having a difficult time.Woman LOL

seq1_spot2_20191125.jpg

First I saw HSN had one. Then today SHQ has theirs. Now Q has another. Woman Indifferent

Regular Contributor

I totally agree.  Just checked out all the items from midnight through noon and it's all a yawn and quite frankly ugly.  I can't imagine Jen Coffee has any of that stuff in her closet.  And the shoes get worse and worse every show.  Happy to not watch.  

Honored Contributor

I just returned from Marshall's.  Very well stocked, great items and great prices.  Fortunately, I kept reminding myself I don't need or even want anything but could have gotten several items, e.g. Carol Hochman loungewear, Jones NY sweaters, etc.  Even with "free shipping" I don't need to shop at QVC or HSN.

Respected Contributor

Oh, the hyperbole! Same comments every time. Really, fashion day just means that they are featuring fashion items (clothing, accessories, etc.) all day long.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jonbon wrote:

Oh, the hyperbole! Same comments every time. Really, fashion day just means that they are featuring fashion items (clothing, accessories, etc.) all day long.

@jonbon  There was a time, a few years ago, when they actually had new and designer-appeal items.  I recall when they actually had wools, silks and leathers for their items and I, for one, was anxious to see what was there and usually spent a lot of money. So perhaps it's a good thing that I don't spend because I really don't need it but I do have a weakness for neat clothing.

Bob Mackie, Louis dell Olio, and other designers had very well-made and designed items for season.  It wasn't all reruns.  Things changed.  New people came on board.  Older designers were limited in their use of quality fabrics and actual design.  Yes, there was a time when it was something many of us looked forward to but that was then and this is now.  Amazon is doing something similar.  Adapting their own in-house brands for those who just want to dress where quality and esthetic are not heavy considerations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm  just glad to have a respite from the barrage of Christmas decorations and silly gift junk.  I don't really care how "fashionable" it is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@jonbon  There was a time, a few years ago, when they actually had new and designer-appeal items.  I recall when they actually had wools, silks and leathers for their items and I, for one, was anxious to see what was there and usually spent a lot of money. So perhaps it's a good thing that I don't spend because I really don't need it but I do have a weakness for neat clothing.

Bob Mackie, Louis dell Olio, and other designers had very well-made and designed items for season.  It wasn't all reruns.  Things changed.  New people came on board.  Older designers were limited in their use of quality fabrics and actual design.  Yes, there was a time when it was something many of us looked forward to but that was then and this is now.  Amazon is doing something similar.  Adapting their own in-house brands for those who just want to dress where quality and esthetic are not heavy considerations.

I have been watching for years, so I know what "used to be" (although I think people remember it as better than it was). But it hasn't been that way for years, and every single fashion day now elicits the same old comments about how "ugly" everything is, how there's nothing new, etc.

Honored Contributor

Surprisingly, I did.  A Peace Love World puffer jacket, but it only came in one color, loden green, a color that makes me look near death.  

So, for loden greeners, it's a beautiful jacket.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen anything in Items Recently on Air that interests me. Not really watching anyway. I don’t buy much fashion this time of year. I usually wait until January & buy myself something with Christmas money my MIL gives me.