Trusted Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@Calcgirl, "Stretch Peachskin" is silky, and color saturation is great.  I have several blouses in the fabric - I like them, the way they drape and move is nice, and I would buy this jacket if I thought I needed it.

I work outdoors, so this just isn't practical, and I do have lots of jackets (some SG - hers are very good).

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day Oct 9 chat

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Once upon a time..... I used to look forward to Fashion Day, spending the day in front of the tv (or recording), and picking up a few things.  Not anymore.  Nothing special, hideous prints, and way too expensive across the board.

I've been watching QVC since 1990 and yes, fashion days from the past were an event.  New items were always introduced, different vendors presented for an hour or two and lots of experts discussed how items could be put together.  Now, every hour is the same.  Four or five of the same vendors recycle what they've been presenting over and over for at least a month or two.  Very disappointing.  I do still order from QVC, but I do that online.  I like some of the hosts, but even they can't make dull and boring exciting anymore. 

@Jaspersmom

Could it be related to the marketing department, the stylists and the hostesses.  There seems to be a paucity of marketers who know what the public wants; there seems to be a paucity of stylists who know how to style what they  have; further, the hosts now appear to be oracles and not fashion salespersons.  Whether you love or hated Kathy Levine and/or Lisa Robertson they could hold their own and they made the lackluster marketing , styling and camera personnel/departments look much better than they were.  I think Amy and Courtney style themselves in QVC clothing but otherwise it appears the stylists enjoy putting a size -18 body in a size-14 garment which does not enhance the clothing ror the model .

Esteemed Contributor

when I tuned in this morning for am style, it was a clearance show -- sorry but that isn't what I am interested in for a fashion day -- I want to see new things.  The bomber jacket isn't something I'm interested in -- I like floral but I don't need anything in this style.  I just got catalogs in the mail from a couple of brick & mortar retailers.  They both have items that I am more likely to buy than what I've seen so far on QVC today.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I just looked at the TSV and its dated, bombers went out of favor with me years ago

@I am still oxox  YES... especially that fabric.... yuk.

I agree too...but I think the animal print looks good on Carolyn.  It's not for me though!

Honored Contributor

I bought shoes from Earth brand and a quilted vest from JR so far, I need more clothes like a need a hole in the head.LOL

Honored Contributor

What do we think about the Du Jour ponte knit leggings on AM Style with Leah.  I think I might get the black and brown ones.  They look nice.

Valued Contributor

I can’t believe that this is the best that they can come up with on fashion day!!!!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I bought shoes from Earth brand and a quilted vest from JR so far, I need more clothes like a need a hole in the head.LOL

@blackhole99

I bought one SG top  and from LandsEnd ... two (same / diff. colors) sweaters that were marked down from $80 each to $30, and a turtleneck that was marked down from $29.50 to $7.97. 

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

What do we think about the Du Jour ponte knit leggings on AM Style with Leah.  I think I might get the black and brown ones.  They look nice.

@NonametodayI really like the brown.  I've never ordered from this brand so I'm not sure how the sizing is.  There isn't a size chart shown for this.Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day Oct 9 chat

[ Edited ]

The thought of watching and listening to SG all day long  makes me  turn off QVC.  She is the best fashion Day kill ever.