Super Contributor

Fashion Day Clearing Out Inventory?

So many of the big deals and even some of today's Fashion Day items are all old TSVs from last year.  Makes me wonder, are they selling the returns because people didn't like the items or did they have a lot of old inventory left over?  Either way, seems quite boring to show those old items, especially the Barefoot Dreams sweater and Canadian winter coat.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day Clearing Out Inventory?

[ Edited ]

No, they're selling the duds they couldn't get rid of by other means.  Beware of Big Deals. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 Agreed!!  The big deals are all leftovers for sure!!!  It sure seems like there are a TON of leftovers.

Respected Contributor

I think that QVC, along with many other retailers, are struggling to get in new inventory due to supply chain issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing appealing there for me....

Honored Contributor

A lot of it is old inventory, some things we haven't seen for a long time. 

If this group really wants to get rid of old inventory, maybe they should stop raising the prices and instead drop them to prices 15-20 years ago. Prices that we used to pay in order that we can buy more and more instead of just one or two items because we could afford to shop here way back when but certainly not anymore.

Respected Contributor

Easily understand why the stuff is still for sale!  Haha... ! 

Honored Contributor

@Linmo   I don't agree with this. Chain stores do not sell what's sold here although much of what is in chain stores is very similar because everybody makes the same stuff just different fabric prints.

Chain stores don't get their stuff any faster than online stores. It's all about the shipping from far away countries who typically make all this stuff - and very cheaply too. it all comes from overseas in shipping crates on very big boats. It now takes forever for who knows what reasons, to get the big boats here. It's not only clothes but SO SO many things.

Respected Contributor

I read reviews more often than I did before.  Not a big deal if complaints consistent on an item.  Not a fan of having to return or exchange.

I need less and less as time goes on.  I like to watch but not buying as much as I was.  Needed to stop the madness.