Honored Contributor

It has come to my attention, actually years ago, that whomever is "styling" the models hasn't a clue what they are doing.

When I channel surf lately, I see that nothing has changed. Carolyn is still wearing jackets 3 sizes too small for her. Pretty lady literally "stuffed" into her clothing. Sigh....

Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh!  Yes!  Completely ridiculous!  Made the models look so much bigger!

Trusted Contributor

75 pounds bigger than what? Are you still modeling professionally or have you retired?

If I wish to wear masses of ruffles with extra wide leg pants I shall do so in absolute security and comfort, and I sincerely hope that you will do what YOU love when you choose your daily wardrobe. 

I bet you look SMASHING. I’m just happy to keep warm, and look cheerful when I visit the assisted living.😊

why the sarcasm?   If you want to add a ton of weight to your look go right ahead, it’s just not for me and most other women!  BTW I do look smashing.  Lol.  Thanks for that!

Trusted Contributor

think the OP means that if you wear flowy/fuller tops you should pair it with a slimmer bottom and vice versa.  Anyway, that's what I've always heard and I think it does look better.

Exactly!

!   😊

Super Contributor

@Brunette Because models are basically Barbie sticks and it doesn't matter if they gain 75 pounds? I too share your dislike for the combination of ruffles and wide leg pants.

Honored Contributor

I am also at times perplexed at how the models are styled. Lately, I have seen more unflattering looks than flattering ones. Sometimes it is one garment that is just way too tight; other times it is how certain items are combined. JMO. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Trusted Contributor
I’ll bet that chip on your shoulder adds another 5 pounds.

I thought they styled those pants badly.
Honored Contributor

@Sublime Saumya wrote:

@Brunette Because models are basically Barbie sticks and it doesn't matter if they gain 75 pounds? I too share your dislike for the combination of ruffles and wide leg pants.

@Sublime Saumya, so what would be your expression to describe plus-sized models?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 I sense the interpretation of my comment going in an unintended direction. Please let me clarify - Firstly, I used the term Barbie sticks because it is a fact that it is considered an ideal figure by many in the fashion industry and hence most models are required to be that slim. Secondly, my comment meant that a slim person can carry off an outfit that makes you look fuller or even fat whereas plus-size people like me need to watch what they wear and hence the combination of ruffle top and wide-leg pants isn't ideal for everyone.