Trusted Contributor

Don’t wear ruffles upon ruffles as a top and pair with a huge extra extra wide leg pant!   Unless you want to look 75 pounds bigger!   Why would they style the models like that?

Regular Contributor

A lot of the ways the models are styled are fashion don'ts to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Brunette wrote:

Don’t wear ruffles upon ruffles as a top and pair with a huge extra extra wide leg pant!   Unless you want to look 75 pounds bigger!   Why would they style the models like that?

75 pounds bigger than what? Are you still modeling professionally or have you retired?

If I wish to wear masses of ruffles with extra wide leg pants I shall do so in absolute security and comfort, and I sincerely hope that you will do what YOU love when you choose your daily wardrobe. 

I bet you look SMASHING. I’m just happy to keep warm, and look cheerful when I visit the assisted living.😊

Honored Contributor

I agree.  I personally don't like looking a lot heavier than necessary.  Perhaps others do and don't mind.

Trusted Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Brunette wrote:

75 pounds bigger than what? Are you still modeling professionally or have you retired?

If I wish to wear masses of ruffles with extra wide leg pants I shall do so in absolute security and comfort, and I sincerely hope that you will do what YOU love when you choose your daily wardrobe. 

I bet you look SMASHING. I’m just happy to keep warm, and look cheerful when I visit the assisted living.😊

I think the OP means that if you wear flowy/fuller tops you should pair it with a slimmer bottom and vice versa.  Anyway, that's what I've always heard and I think it does look better.

Respected Contributor

Are you speaking of those Lori Goldstein wide leg pants where the models were shown wearing them with ruffled tops? If so I agree with you. They look clownish. And to add insult to injury, she kept saying if they are too long just cut off the bottom of the pants and have fun. Huh? They are on clearance for $67 and you want people to wack off the bottom and wear them unhemmed? Hideous look for probably 95% of women.

@Brunette wrote:

Honored Contributor

Gees, between the mods and people being jumped on for expressing their own views getting so you can't post anything .. No free speech any more.

Nice day today. Cool, but, not as cloudy as yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Are you speaking of those Lori Goldstein wide leg pants where the models were shown wearing them with ruffled tops? If so I agree with you. They look clownish. And to add insult to injury, she kept saying if they are too long just cut off the bottom of the pants and have fun. Huh? They are on clearance for $67 and you want people to wack off the bottom and wear them unhemmed? Hideous look for probably 95% of women.

@50Mickey

I love wide leg pants ... wear lots of them.

I'm one of the remaining 5%.  I've cut the bottom of wide leg pants and left the raw edge.  The result depends on the fabric.  Mine turned out just fine.  In fact, they hang better w/o the weight of the hem.

Works for me!

Honored Contributor

That would be don't for me but for all we know, they wanted the model to look fat.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion DON’T

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Gees, between the mods and people being jumped on for expressing their own views getting so you can't post anything .. No free speech any more.

Nice day today. Cool, but, not as cloudy as yesterday.

@SharkE  I agree, sharke.  One cannot express an opinion nor give constructive criticism here without the negative Nellie's strikng bad like angry rattlesnakes after a winter of hibernation.