Esteemed Contributor

Are these supposed to be ideas for retired women??  Unlesss they retire at 25, I can't imagine very many of retirement age wearing those camis or cut out jeans!

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Are these supposed to be ideas for retired women??  Unlesss they retire at 25, I can't imagine very many of retirement age wearing those camis or cut out jeans!

@colliegirls

This thread is about recreating the look (from a few years ago) in the OP- dark jeans, flats, earrings, blazer, and floral cami.

Someone on the retirement thread loved the outfit, so we are helping to recreate it with items that are available in stores now.  

As you can see, there are many options for all of the pieces, so if you like the look you can pick the items that work for you.

No one is suggesting that retirees should dress like teens.  

Honored Contributor

OK so the outfits on Pinterest are for the purpose of getting ideas... the creative input comes from the individual. I would like to play, too! FUN!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I agree. I wouldn't  mind having that outfit myself.  The jackets are beautiful.  Just love those coral colors.

Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

L & T Nippon Boutique

Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

Good of looking collar necklace!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Challenge #1

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

I'm bookmarking this whole discussion because I love the look and the choices and also @lolakimono is just awesome!HeartWoman Happy

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion Challenge #1

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls

Retirement age women do not dress like old women anymore.  Remember the "60" is the new "40".  And quite frankly, I've seen older women look better in some of the more flattering dresses and tanks than young 20s or 30s women who have left themselves go, too Fat!  I would suggest you look in the mirror yourself and decide if you can "pull off" some of the looks the younger women wear.  Older women can look fab when they have an eye for fashion.  Lola helps us out tremendously to determine what looks good on women.  Lola, start a thread for us old ladies !!!  I've be doing Barre Exercises for the last 4 months.  They are fabulous for us older ladies!   No hardship, no high impact, low weights, and I feel fabulous when I'm finished.  Just a suggestion.  This is just a pic to show how nice a woman can look at 63.  I'm not tooting a horn or thinking I'm fab I'm not, but I won't of course wear the short shorts, the short short dresses, I know where to draw the line.  Of course there is a line you must draw, but it's not saying we can't do our best to stay strong and fit.

@lolakimono

Ok, now help dress us older ladies!  That's your challenge! !!!!

Honored Contributor

Other than not wearing scrubs anymore my retirement wardrobe is exactly the same as my previous to retirement wardrobe. Well, my summer wardrobe as I now live a life of endless summer. For instance - I would have no use at all for the outfit shown in the OP -- no long jeans, no jackets and I hate sleeveless tops.