Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if this was a one time deal or are they going to add items as time goes on?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Fashion Blowout Clearance

Of course, things can always change but it seems to be a once a year thing,,..in the late fall. 

Occasional Contributor

I heard Carolyn Gracie explain this last blowout was a one time thing. They were closing a major warehouse and opening a new one in a different location, and they did not want to have to move the existing inventory from one to another. So, they put a deep discount on everything and "no return" policy.

Esteemed Contributor

I got some great deals in that blowout clearance.  It kind of made me realize how expensive the regular QVC prices are if they were willing to let those items go at such a low price (and most probably still making a profit).

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peach64 wrote:

I heard Carolyn Gracie explain this last blowout was a one time thing. They were closing a major warehouse and opening a new one in a different location, and they did not want to have to move the existing inventory from one to another. So, they put a deep discount on everything and "no return" policy.

@Peach64 

QVC is opening a brand new warehouse in Bethlehem PA.  My son is a civil engineer in the area and did some work in the Industrial park where the new warehouse is located.

I also heard that QVC wanted to get rid of old inventory because they did not want to transfer it to the new warehouse.

That's why there was the big blowout sale.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

I bought 2 blowout items a few months ago so if they’re still calling it that, that is a long time for the Q to call it a “one time deal”. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I got some great deals in that blowout clearance.  It kind of made me realize how expensive the regular QVC prices are if they were willing to let those items go at such a low price (and most probably still making a profit).

@Puppy Lips 

I read an interesting article in Forbes right after Joan Rivers died about her QVC line and it's success, etc.. It went on to say that the Q's markup was at minimum 80% and that Joan didn't see a profit for a few years....

Ever contemplate why the Q has no 'Made in America' lines of clothing??

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

I read an interesting article in Forbes right after Joan Rivers died about her QVC line and it's success, etc.. It went on to say that the Q's markup was at minimum 80% and that Joan didn't see a profit for a few years....

Ever contemplate why the Q has no 'Made in America' lines of clothing??

Wow, 80%?  I knew there was a markup but didn't realize it was that much.  

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Does anyone know if this was a one time deal or are they going to add items as time goes on?

I bought so many size small and x=small in the sale, and they were beautiful name brand. I bought them for a niece, that was losing weight because of cancer, she loved them, but passed away Dec. 19th, but I am so very happy that I was able to afford her these things. She told me she got so many compliments from the other patients.It was the best thing I've got from the Q.and I've been buying since they started. Thank you QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I bought so many size small and x=small in the sale, and they were beautiful name brand. I bought them for a niece, that was losing weight because of cancer, she loved them, but passed away Dec. 19th, but I am so very happy that I was able to afford her these things. She told me she got so many compliments from the other patients.It was the best thing I've got from the Q.and I've been buying since they started. Thank you QVC

So sorry about your niece!...that was so nice of you to do..Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West