Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion At Princess Eugenie's Wedding

@ms traditional wrote:

more details about the dress.

The fabric of the dress pronounced a 'major departure' from the choices of previous royal brides by celebrity stylist  Lucas Armitage  - features symbols that are meaningful to the bride and groom, including thistles, to reflect their love for the Queen's beloved Balmoral estate in the Scottish highlands. 

A design of shamrocks also featured a nod to the bride's Irish heritage, with Eugenie's maternal grandmother hailing from Ireland, where Fergie spent time while recovering from the aftermath of her divorce from Prince Andrew.  

Pilotto and De Vos reinterpreted these symbols in a garland of rope like motifs, and once the artwork was completed, it was translated into a jacquard weave of silk cotton and viscose blend in the Como region of Italy.

@ms traditional  The details sound so beautiful, I hope at some point we'll get to see a close up of all the symbols.

Super Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Veridoc wrote:

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I thought the music was beautiful.

WHERE WAS CAMILLA? I didn't notice her sitting with the family and didn't hear anything about why she wasn't there.

@Veridocapparently Camilla had a "diary clash" (what they're calling it). the amazing thing is that the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip did attend.  he is known for throwing daggers at Sarah, Duchess of York.   good deal!

@ms traditionalI never heard of a diary clash. I wonder if the word diarreha, said with an English accent comes out "diary".

Respected Contributor

@lmt    i'd like to see it close up too -  i see that description omits the York rose which is so well known in history.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Veridoc wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Veridoc wrote:

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I thought the music was beautiful.

WHERE WAS CAMILLA? I didn't notice her sitting with the family and didn't hear anything about why she wasn't there.

@Veridocapparently Camilla had a "diary clash" (what they're calling it). the amazing thing is that the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip did attend.  he is known for throwing daggers at Sarah, Duchess of York.   good deal!

@ms traditionalI never heard of a diary clash. I wonder if the word diarreha, said with an English accent comes out "diary".

@Veridoc  i'm thinking it might be more like our politicians' "scheduling conflict" pulled out when they don't want to go to an event.  i hope not - because i do think that old personal clashes that might have occurred between Sarah and Camilla need to be put aside at an event like this.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting the pictures. 

The bride looks like a Disney fairy tale princess.   Love the tiara and the dress.   What a wonderful day for all who get the chance to experience it.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@lmt  Thank you!!  I love that title, Official Wrangler!!

Respected Contributor

They panned to model and actress Poppy Delevingne a few times during the ceremony. The hat really stood out. 

Stunning: Poppy Delevingne cut a chic figure in a powder blue gown with floral cut-out print as she attended Princess Eugenie's wedding in Windsor on Friday

Glamorous: Poppy's glamorous dress was cinched at the waist with a bow ribbon, and she paired the ensemble with a matching overcoat and black peep-toe heels

And her sister, Cara Delevingne .....

Cara Delevingne at Princess Eugenie's wedding.

Cressida Bonas, Harry's ex .....

Cressida Bonas

Chelsy Davy (Harry's ex) and Lady Melissa Percy (the youngest daughter of the Duke of Northumberland. Her ex-husband, Thomas van Straubenzee, is close friends with Princes Harry and William.)

Chelsy Davy

Princess Anne ......

Princess Anne.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for all the pictures. I didn’t realize the wedding was being shown on TLC. Clicked to the replay just as she was exiting the car.

I LOVE that dress. Did not realize she had scoliosis. Couldn’t see the scars but good for her to let them show proudly. I feel badly that I never realized what a beautiful young woman she is. 

I don’t know how tall she is but love how that V back of the dress shows her strong back. She looks like she works out which I'm sure is best to strengthen those muscules. She looks like she has a nice strong body. That dress is beautiful and so perfect for her.

The children and of course are adorable. Wonder if there will be pearl clutching and hand wringing over the shot of William and Kate holding hands. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have no evidence of this of course, but beautiful Meghan sure looks to me like a woman with morning sickness. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Princess Eugenie with fiancé Jack Brooksbank, left, Camilla, Britain's Duchess of Cornwall, right

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, is not only skipping the ceremony in favour of attending a school event in Scotland, a "previous commitment" but she will also be reportedly hosting a party at her home in East Ayrshire.

A number of new reports have claimed that tensions between Camilla and Eugenie's father Prince Andrew are the real reason she's avoiding the ceremony, because she "hasn't forgotten" how "deeply unhelpful" he was in facilitating her acceptance into the royal family after Princess Diana's death.

"Camilla has always felt Andrew could have done more. The Queen listens to Andrew and he could have helped his brother at a time when he had few allies within the family," a source told the Daily Mail.

"In fact, I would go so far as to say he was deeply unhelpful when support would have meant a huge amount to her and the Prince.

Looking back to when there was little public sympathy for Charles and Camilla, if not open hostility, it was a case of Andrew playing politics. Camilla hasn’t forgotten."

And Camilla is making the most of her time away from the festivities at Windsor Castle, hosting a shooting party at her Scottish estate, which she organised after learning of Eugenie's wedding date.

"The truth is that Camilla has a house party for a few friends. They are arriving on Friday and will be there over the weekend," an insider told the Telegraph.

"The date of the wedding was known eight months ago so it’s strange Camilla organised her house party this weekend...It’s hard to see her turning down the invitation as anything other than a snub but she insists she has other engagements that she was invited to first."

Reports of behind the scenes bickering is a throwback to the explosive royal scandals of yesteryear rather than the sanitised version of news we get from the younger generation today. In fact, Eugenie's wedding is proving to be a reminder of a time period that most of the British royals would want erased history - largely, an adjustment of the spotlight on Sarah Ferguson, who is said to be a "bag of nerves" at meeting former father-in-law Prince Philip for the first time in years.

After divorcing Andrew in 1996, with whom she has a famously strong friendship, Philip has gone to great lengths to avoid her.

"She is worried about the reception she will get from Prince Philip and now there will be a bit of a frosty atmosphere with Prince Charles," the source added.

Tensions have grown between Charles and Andrew over the years as the next in line to the throne is actioning his vision for the future of the royals, including trimming costs for extended family - including Eugenie and her sister Beatrice, who both work full-time and no longer have state funded security.

Eugenie and her husband-to-be live in an apartment in Kensington Palace, where they pay the market rate rent, while her cousins live on the grounds at no charge.