Super Contributor

Re: Fashion At Princess Eugenie's Wedding

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I thought the music was beautiful.

WHERE WAS CAMILLA? I didn't notice her sitting with the family and didn't hear anything about why she wasn't there.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for posting the beautiful pictures!!!!I think she looks amazing! I absolutely love love love her dress!!!!!! The Tiara is gorgeous as well, her makeup is perfect, and the bridal party is adorable.....I will have to watch for highlights when I get home from work! For some reason I thought the wedding was tomorrow......

Honored Contributor

Any pictures of Lady LouiseWindsor  and her brother James Viscount Severn?  They are listed as "special attendants."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Veridoc wrote:

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I thought the music was beautiful.

WHERE WAS CAMILLA? I didn't notice her sitting with the family and didn't hear anything about why she wasn't there.

@Veridocapparently Camilla had a "diary clash" (what they're calling it). the amazing thing is that the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip did attend.  he is known for throwing daggers at Sarah, Duchess of York.   good deal!

Honored Contributor

@Veridoc Camilla had a previously scheduled engagement in Scotland. Don't know why that couldn't have been rescheduled. Rumor is she doesn't like Sarah Ferguson. Rumor is that Prince Philip doesn't either, but he showed up. The commentators said he would decide in the morning.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I thought it was really hard to see all the wedding flowers, on TV they looked so drab & dull. These pictures show how pretty they actually were ......

The flowers at the entrance of St George’s Chapel have combined roses, spray roses, hydrangeas, dahlias and berries.

All of the foliage and flowering branches have been sourced locally from Windsor Castle Great Park, which is the site of the York family home, and will reflect the “rich and vibrant tones of autumn”, Buckingham Palace has revealed.

The design will also include Liquid Amber trees, which are also known as American sweet gum trees.They turn a vibrant yellow, orange and red before shedding their leaves.

Related image

The floral arrangement was designed by Rob Van Helden

Related image

Related image

Image result for eugenies flowers at st georges

Prince Andrew sat next to ex-wife Sarah Ferguson during the ceremony at St George's Chapel, with the Queen, Prince Philip and Charles sitting behind him 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Any pictures of Lady LouiseWindsor  and her brother James Viscount Severn?  They are listed as "special attendants."

Lady Louise helped the kids. One of the page boys fell on the steps, he was holding Charlotte's hand so she started to fall too. Unfortunately Louise's dress kept blowing up in the strong winds. England is having a storm called Callum.

0_Princess-Charlotte-of-Cambridge-arrives-with-bridesmaids-and-pageboys-for-the-royal-wedding-of-Princ.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh that wasn't Charlotte falling, it was one of the other girls. Charlotte is waving to the public, she's got that down pat.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon  Lady Louise was the 'wrangler' for the bridal party.

Image result for lady louise at eugenies wedding

The only picture I could find of James is with his parents. Both he and Louise were listed as "special attendants". She looked after the kids, I don't know what his part in the wedding was.

Image result for wessex's at eugenies wedding

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

more details about the dress.

The fabric of the dress pronounced a 'major departure' from the choices of previous royal brides by celebrity stylist  Lucas Armitage  - features symbols that are meaningful to the bride and groom, including thistles, to reflect their love for the Queen's beloved Balmoral estate in the Scottish highlands. 

A design of shamrocks also featured a nod to the bride's Irish heritage, with Eugenie's maternal grandmother hailing from Ireland, where Fergie spent time while recovering from the aftermath of her divorce from Prince Andrew.  

Pilotto and De Vos reinterpreted these symbols in a garland of rope like motifs, and once the artwork was completed, it was translated into a jacquard weave of silk cotton and viscose blend in the Como region of Italy.