Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion At Lady Gabriella Windsor's Wedding

[ Edited ]

I think the bride and groom are a beautiful couple and I love both of her dresses.

But...daaang

I know you aren’t supposed to outshine the bride, but is it also a requirement for the attendees to choose the ugliest dresses possible? Not really seeing anything I would like and heartily think that most people on this board would look better.

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

I think the bride and groom are a beautiful couple and I love both of her dresses.

But...daaang

I know you aren’t supposed to outshine the bride, but is it also a requirement for the attendees to choose the ugliest dresses possible? Not really seeing anything I would like and heartily think that most people on this board would look better.

@Alter Ego  LOL, I completely agree. One fashion disaster after another.

Anne Hathaway's entire outfit is hideous. The color, the print, the sleeves .....and what is that on her clutch, a scorpion? That cape? Jacket? Coat? ..... is just ugly.

Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway smiles as she steps out of the car for Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston's wedding reception

I usually like the way Pippa dresses, but this is a miss for me. I hate the sleeves and the gold belt. And the animal print clutch is so out of place.

Pippa Middleton arrives at the restaurant for Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston's wedding reception, wearing a pink lip and blush

James Middleton's girlfriend looks like she just rolled in from the beach and threw on a tank dress over her bathing suit.

James Middleton and his girlfriend Alizee Thevenet (pictured) were among the guests at the royal ceremony of Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston in Windsor, switching clothes into a more demure look for the evening reception in London

I love the color of Beatrice's dress. That's the nicest thing I can say. It looks similar to the blue dress she wore to the wedding and I hated that one too.

Princess Beatrice arrives wearing a layered green lace collared dress and a red lip

I don't know who the woman is on the left wearing the prairie skirt, but she gets my vote for the worst dressed. 

Reception goers wrap up warm with coats over their gowns - but blushing bride, Lady Gabriella, does not use her fur shawl

Honored Contributor

The bride's reception dress is beautiful too. She looked so timeless and elegant. I love the lace in her wedding dress, the designer said Gabriella fell in love with the lace first.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

C93C3438-8CD2-4554-A28C-8CF7DE49BA61.jpegPippa’s dress. I really don’t like it.

@Mindy D , neither do I.  Personally, I think she dresses on the frumpy side.

Respected Contributor

Love the bride's wedding gown. I can see the blush in it. Perfect for her!

Love the bride's reception gown. I think it may be a custom for bride's to wear white at the night time reception. Meghan did. Catherine did and also wore a white fur shrug similar to the one Lady Gabriella is holding in the pic.

Love Princess Michael's evening kaftan and cape. Looks like something you could totally relax and eat and drink and dance in!

Pippa has such a lovely figure and though the dress was pretty, it didn't do anything for her. Would love to see Pippa in a sheath with heels!

Beatrice's bf is a cutie!

Honored Contributor

The little flower girls were adorable.  Harry looked handsome.  The mauve color on Fergie did nothing for her and usually does nothing for any woman. I hate to say it but some of the dresses were hideous on the women.  Kate's mother in all biege looked nice but it was boring.  I did not like the bride's dress -- too matronly.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the leg of mutton sleeves  sported by a couple of the women. I just don't think it is a pretty look

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Looks like she just got out of a Baile Folklorico Class Woman LOL13692934-7046831-image-a-68_1558298988722 - Edited.jpg

Honored Contributor

I think I read there were some ladies dressed in period dress, attending this wedding

Honored Contributor

Lady Gabriella's grandmother Princess Marina, The Duchess of Kent as been referred to as the "Diana" of that time period.  I think she would raise her eyebrows some if she could have viewed some of these frocks and gowns.

Bride and Groom were stunning.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."