Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion At Lady Gabriella Windsor's Wedding

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Princess Michael didn't just wear a brooch in the presence of Duchess Meghan. She has a history of making certain remarks, including in public. It was wearing that brooch in the context of who she is known and believed to be. When a person shows you who they are...

The Queen herself is said to have said that Princess Michael thinks she is too grand for the rest of the royal family. And allegedly Princess Diana couldn't stand her either.

Exactly true.  It wasn't just the brooch that drew criticism.  It's the fact that she deliberately chose to wear that brooch when she met Meghan.  Everyone knew exactly what she was saying with that brooch because of past racist comments she'd made.  She wanted to make a point about Meghan coming into the family and she did, by wearing that offensive piece of jewelry.  Perhaps jewelry like that was socially acceptable back in the last but we are not living in the past now and we see such things for what they are.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

... As for the Blackamoor brooch, I would not wear one because they are not my style but labeling people without knowing their intentions is horrible. She might be an evil person who did want to show hatred or she might not know that in today’s world  it is in poor taste. Someone needs to come out with an official handbook on words, customs, and anything else the people in charge want gone.

I feel sorry that you or anyone would be concerned about "the people in charge".  The only thing at issue in that episode is human respect, decency and sensitivity. We could use that handbook. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

... As for the Blackamoor brooch, I would not wear one because they are not my style but labeling people without knowing their intentions is horrible. She might be an evil person who did want to show hatred or she might not know that in today’s world  it is in poor taste. Someone needs to come out with an official handbook on words, customs, and anything else the people in charge want gone.

I feel sorry that you or anyone would be concerned about "the people in charge".  The only thing at issue in that episode is human respect, decency and sensitivity. We could use that handbook. 

There seems to a certain group that puts themselves in charge of what is deemed offensive. YOU are exactly who I am talking about. Not every thought or action is full of hatred. Some are of course. Some are different upbringings, generation and other factors. I don’t know anything about this Princess of Kent but to label her racist over a brooch is ridiculous.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Other notable attendees included Princess Anne, the second child and only daughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of EdinburghHarry is out and about -  i think this is his 2nd or 3rd time out this week.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew  I just called for human respect, decency and sensitivity.  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Other notable attendees included Princess Anne, the second child and only daughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of EdinburghHarry is out and about -  i think this is his 2nd or 3rd time out this week.  

He opted not to take paternity leave the way William did.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Nancy Drew  I just called for human respect, decency and sensitivity.  

As did I.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Princess Michael didn't just wear a brooch in the presence of Duchess Meghan. She has a history of making certain remarks, including in public. It was wearing that brooch in the context of who she is known and believed to be. When a person shows you who they are...

The Queen herself is said to have said that Princess Michael thinks she is too grand for the rest of the royal family. And allegedly Princess Diana couldn't stand her either.

ITA with you @Greeneyedlady21  i am the first person to grant someone leeway and make allowances for an innocent mistake. I’m sure I’ve made my own share of them and hope people forgive me and see that they didn’t come from a bad intent. 

Having said that, I think it’s wrong to make excuses for and give cover to taunting cruelty. I believe Princess Michael  knew exactly what she was doing. There’s a shocking amount of “in your face” nastiness going on today and humanity is the poorer for it.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Back to the fashion-Pippa can move the merch too. Her Kate Spade Flower Devore dress that was on sale for $446 is sold out

NJMUA327_039.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"