Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion At Lady Gabriella Windsor's Wedding

I was just thinking how hale and hearty Phillip looks..He and the Queen are just amazing. It might come from Queen Victoria's genes

Respected Contributor

Now that, to me, is a beautiful ‘family’ wedding.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I think Princess Michael of Kent is the one who wore a Blackamoor brooch to the event where she first met Meghan Markle.  Those brooches were very popular at one time (my mother had one!) and Princess Michael still wears hers often.  It's the head of an African woman.  

A lot of people took offense when she wore it to meet Meghan  Markle.  When I was growing up and my mother had one, I never heard of anyone talking about them being offensive.

You can go on Ebay, for example, and see many examples of Blackamoor brooches.  Many are quite expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Thanks for sharing. 

So pretty, and flowers outside are beautiful.

Wonder if they were augmented?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like a beautiful English wedding. We saw Pippa but not Kate. I wonder if she didn’t go and why not. As for the Blackamoor brooch, I would not wear one because they are not my style but labeling people without knowing their intentions is horrible. She might be an evil person who did want to show hatred or she might not know that in today’s world  it is in poor taste. Someone needs to come out with an official handbook on words, customs, and anything else the people in charge want gone.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think the brooch was racist , but ,it certainly was very insensitive. At first I thought it was one of the Magi, ( Balthazar)  because the   event fell around Christmas, so I didn't think a great deal of it. When I found out what it really was , I just felt sorry for Meghan

I think she  ( Princess Michael)is just too self absorbed to actually have meant it as a mockery. A person who cared about another's  feelings, just woudn't have worn it at a first meeting.  At this time in our history I don't know that I would ever wear it. It is a beautful piece of jewelry, and portrays the woman as a beautiful  person with great dignity.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I was just thinking how hale and hearty Phillip looks..He and the Queen are just amazing. It might come from Queen Victoria's genes

Not to mention receiving excellent care and food and living a life of luxury with a lot being done "for them" by others.   

Honored Contributor

I don't feel like that. Phillip has always been athletic and lean.  I think he just takes care of himself  and I think he just comes from good stock...I don't spend time begrudging people their lifestyle

It is what it is

Honored Contributor

Beautiful, classic wedding dress.

Also, I like Pippa's dusty blue print dress; long sleeves, good length, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I love all the flowers and floral prints on the dresses (some of them). The groom looks like he came straight from Downton Abbey. I enjoyed the photos.