Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Accessory: Patricia Nash Today's Special HSN midnight 5/8

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl   I don't understand the need to express hostility and putdowns. Not healthy to send or read.

One of my favorite courses to teach is The Science of Happiness. I think it helps re-program student minds—before they become grouchy complainers. They learn, specifically, what complaining does to the brain (rewiring it to typically notice negative things and ignore positive ones).

I migrated to Fashion, so glad to connect with you again!

Handbags are totally about our fashion-minds.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Accessory: Patricia Nash Today's Special HSN midnight 5/8

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl   I don't understand the need to express hostility and putdowns. Not healthy to send or read.

One of my favorite courses to teach is The Science of Happiness. I think it helps re-program student minds—before they become grouchy complainers. They learn, specifically, what complaining does to the brain (rewiring it to typically notice negative things and ignore positive ones).

I migrated to Fashion, so glad to connect with you again!

Handbags are totally about our fashion-minds.

@1Professor - There are more active posters in Fashion, and handbags/accessories are the finishing touches for an outfit. You will be reaching more posters here with your wisdom and sharing

I think the "hostility" and "putdowns" are associated to low self esteem/desire to control. There's also the element of supposed anonymity sitting behind a screen/keyboard that some take advantage of to say things they probably couldn't get away with in person. 

I too agree with your teachings of the mind and how we can influence or control feelings of happiness and sadness/depression/complaining. 

You are blessing to this community Heart

Have a Wonderful weekend! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri