Honored Contributor

Re: Family photo suggestions?

@PreKteacher

I like the idea of the coordinating colors but be careful with that or you could come off looking like a team or school uniforms or, in some cases apparently, convicts?! LOL

I think the outdoor setting is a great idea!

I would definitely avoid wearing any prints

Super Contributor

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions! I think you are all right about going a little more casual. I will avoid denim shirts, LOL!

I love the blue and gray outfits in the picture, and think my boys already have gray sweaters.
Respected Contributor

We had a family picture taken (at the beach) a few years ago.  All of us wore navy, light blue and/or white.  Loved the results.

Our DIL's family does this often.  They've done jeans and & white tops, jeans & black turtlenecks, khakis & white shirts and khakis with denim shirts.  While they were nice pictures, over the years we've received numerous Christmas cards with similar outfits.

If I were doing a fall picture, I'd consider khakis with fall color sweaters or shirts.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years ago we did a family portrait in Hawaii.  We asked that everyone wear Hawaiian outfits.  Guys wore shorts with Aloha shirts, Mom wore long caftan with lei,  Sister in Law and I wore sarongs and leis and five year old niece wore hula costume and lei. It was a very cute photo!

Honored Contributor

You could all be wearing jeans with the same color top - especially cute if your furbaby sports a matching scarf or bandana.  Smiley Happy 

Hope your doggo is in the center of the picture.