Respected Contributor

Re: Fall fashion begins in July

I was in Dress Barn Sunday(love this store) and they have some FALL FASHIONS already.....in May? 

Honored Contributor

I retailers do it, like starting Christmas ads in August but it's still ridiculous.  And I don't participate.  I don't believe in rushing my life along.  I don't even think about my fall/winter wardrobe until the end of August and then I only think and go through what I already own.  I don't buy anything unti September.  Qvc makes me laugh.  They put the hosts in white jeans and sandals in late January (what is it with Qvc and white jeans???) and they will put them in fall clothes and tall boots in late August.  I don't watch much Qvc tv but I'd bet anything that they are already talking about "transitional" pieces...lol

Respected Contributor

In Maryland we can still be in the 80s in mid October, so I don't think about fall fashion until Halloween. And since I have more fall/winter clothes than summer, I don't shop as much unless I need to add a new pair of pants.
Honored Contributor

I love fall clothes so I am looking forward to it.  That is what we wear more than 10 months of the year.  I have enough summer clothing to last the rest of my life!

Esteemed Contributor

please don't say the "F" word (fall)

sorry.....

I don't like fall because it leads to winter.  I hate Chicagoland winters!

I love Christmas and Christmas in July but hate the winter weather.

Respected Contributor

I won't be buying then. After an unusually cool and wet spring, summer has barely begun here. I have only just started to wear some capris and crop pants and haven't even jumped in our lake yet! The last thing I will want to see in July is winter clothing. Yes, stores do that all the time but I haven't bought winter clothes in summer since I HAD to when packing up to go to school in the fall when I was a student. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember last year when QVC did a Christmas theme all day show on July 1st? When the year is just half over? And this is the same QVC that wants to broadcast in Canada on Canadian cable? July 1st is Canada Day and nobody is thinking Christmas in July then!

Clothing retailers totally sell clothing so out of season that it's next to impossible to actually wear those new purchases in a timely manner -- no wonder people have closets stuffed with unworn clothes -- who could remember a purchase made several months ago when it's hidden away?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't consider fall clothing until after July 4 when retailers have their spectacular 25 - 75% summer sales.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I retailers do it, like starting Christmas ads in August but it's still ridiculous.  And I don't participate.  I don't believe in rushing my life along.  I don't even think about my fall/winter wardrobe until the end of August and then I only think and go through what I already own.  I don't buy anything unti September.  Qvc makes me laugh.  They put the hosts in white jeans and sandals in late January (what is it with Qvc and white jeans???) and they will put them in fall clothes and tall boots in late August.  I don't watch much Qvc tv but I'd bet anything that they are already talking about "transitional" pieces...lol

@chrystaltree: They absolutely are! In the past week, l've heard several times: "Think about this going into fall and winter." I thought, what the heck-- the warm weather just started a few days ago!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~