Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fall 2016 Trends: Wanna guess how soon we're over these?

[ Edited ]

I think the problem I have with ruffles isn't ruffles per se, but the fact that we're going to see them EVERYWHERE on all sorts of garments. Remember a few years ago when sequins were the big thing? It was fun to see the odd t-shirt transformed into something cool with a few sequins, but by the end of the season, sequins has been attached to everything from sneakers to hats. Enough! Ruffles could go the same way...

Velvet is another fall 2016 trend that can get old, really fast. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I'm not wearing any of that. Pantsuits? Nope. Ruffles have their place, but it's limited in my wardrobe. Gold, nope. Dusty colors? Not with my complextion. Turtlenecks, nope. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I think the problem I have with ruffles isn't ruffles per se, but the fact that we're going to see them EVERYWHERE on all sorts of garments. Remember a few years ago when sequins were the big thing? It was fun to see the odd t-shirt transformed into something cool with a few sequins, but by the end of the season, sequins has been attached to everything from sneakers to hats. Enough! Ruffles could go the same way...

Velvet is a yes for me. I already have velvet boots. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I love velvet.  I'll have to keep my eye out for that!  You can wear it forever if you get it in a classic style.  However, as with your sequins example, I'm sure there will be plenty of faddish styles that will look passe by the spring.

Esteemed Contributor

Two more that have me saying, "Yeah, I don't think so."

Stirrup Pants: 'member these from the 80s? They're back.

031016_PFWTrends_embed21.jpg

Socks with Heels: When I went to my first Springsteen concert back in the 90s, I will admit to wearing this look. It was ugly then, not better now. Celebrities have already been seen wearing this as we get closer to fall. Oh dear...

031016_PFWTrends_embed15.jpg

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

good grief Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Two more that have me saying, "Yeah, I don't think so."

Stirrup Pants: 'member these from the 80s? They're back.

031016_PFWTrends_embed21.jpg

it's no wonder this woman looks so very miserable. this whole look is hideous. (what is going on above the pockets on that jacket?)
what in the world were these people thinking?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I have "removable" stirrups that I use to keep my pants snug inside my boots!  They are elastic straps that clip to either side of the pants.

Honored Contributor

The polyester pantsuit from the 1960s ...what a lovely reminder of what not to wear.

Honored Contributor

The woman in black has awful shoulder pads on that jacket! Reminds me of those German farce skits with the woman saying-- 've have vays of making you talk!'

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼