Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter to me. That's why the world is so @#$ up because everything is anoymous. Everyone hides behind the computer in all walks of life.

Honored Contributor

Goldie, at least you tried to warn the posters.

It is so sad when these scammers prey on soft-hearted people.

Honored Contributor

There are a few cliques on these boards. Sometimes it reminds me of high school. For the most part, I have gotten some darn good advice here. It's kinda like having Martha Stewart, Dr. Oz, an encyclopedia on beauty products and how tos, a free personal shopper, and tech support all in one place. Thank you ladies.

Respected Contributor

Happy Easter everyone, have a wonderful, blessed day!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/3/2015 annabellethecat said:

It doesn't matter to me. That's why the world is so @#$ up because everything is anoymous. Everyone hides behind the computer in all walks of life.

I have to disagree... I don't think anonymity is the cause of the world being the way it is - it's people not being willing to stand up for what they believe in, that and allowing themselves to be led around by the nose and believing every single thing they hear without any real information to back it up. People need to educate themselves about what is really going on in the world and only then will it change.

Anyone who meets me in person would soon learn that whatever I will say on an anonymous board, I will also say to their face. Most people in RL know that I speak my mind, whether or not it's what they want to hear. I try to make it as tactful and kind as I possibly can, whether it's here or in person. I believe in the truth.

Honored Contributor

I've been on this forum since the original format (2 or 3 versions ago when I would see this ongoing thread about BE and had no idea what BE was back then and I was afraid to click on it).

When you have a serious situation that impacted a lot of people (like a NurseRecruiter) it makes people start to doubt every poster who comes here with less than 10,000 posts.

Right now we have the "Premier Techsupport Ryan" situation where there are at least 2 threads a day started by new posters with 1 post who never return. Yesterday there was a suspicious post from someone with 1 post claiming to love Vionics.

Then you have someone who asks for help to cover "bruises" on her neck and it becomes an all out war about domestic violence and people wanting her to get help all because the woman was embarrassed to say she had hickies she wanted to cover.

I'm just glad the "50 and pregnant" woman was believed and not run off as a fake. Sometimes people do need an anonymous outlet on which to post serious matters that they can't talk about with friends.

Now the people who come here and want sympathy for a situation (usually of their own doing) and don't get sympathy because their story unravels faster than a GILI purse strap, deserve all of the tough love that is dished out to them.

I think it becomes very clear when a poster is being up front and honest and when they are trying to make themselves sound better than they are.

And to the poster above who said that she is always wary of people who say they are "different at home than at work," I say that anyone who has to tell you something about their makeup or character doesn't actually possess that quality. They like to think they do and they would like to possess that quality, but they don't.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Most of the posters with very few post's 1 or 2, they are the ones that start a thread just to invoke reaction and they hope for the worst. They usually get banned and the thread deleted before it gains any ground.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me. The ones that brag, are doing what they do best...just bragging.

Valued Contributor
On 4/2/2015 maryebrown said:
On 4/2/2015 akaGoldie said: Then a short time later there was another scam. This poster claimed she was hungry, she posted mostly on animal lovers. Any way long story short she got OVER three thousand dollars from other posters . It is sick. I've Been "friends" with people who had devious plans and schemes. Until I finally caught on.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's very obvious to me, who you are, please get help

Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2015 Mindy D said:

There are a few cliques on these boards. Sometimes it reminds me of high school. For the most part, I have gotten some darn good advice here. It's kinda like having Martha Stewart, Dr. Oz, an encyclopedia on beauty products and how tos, a free personal shopper, and tech support all in one place. Thank you ladies.

ITA

I , too, now the cliques.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"