Honored Contributor

Re: Fair Isle Sweaters Are Still Popular This Year

No sweaters??! Perish the thought! I love cool weather clothing

Not a fan of the contempory openfront cardigan but I have quite a collection of great pullovers and a couple traditional cardigans....

I've yet to be tempted by a Fair Isle but then I'm very picky about prints.

Honored Contributor

Re:  ARGYLE sweaters:

Amazon offers quite a few Women's argyle sweaters, and several argyle vests, too.  

I seem to like the vests.  Something 'different'.  I hadn't thought about women's argyle vests. 

Cute look, kind of 'preppy'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't think of a time when Fair Isle sweaters weren't popular, perhaps some years more than others.  They always seem to be big with the ski crowd.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

O/P:   Very nice.  I like the unique color combination.  Very cheerful during occasional dreary, overcast days. 

Nice for Spring, too!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I have a really pretty Fair Isle sweater in blues/turquoise I got from Sundance last year.  It's heavier and it's just gotten cool enough to wear it.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Popular, yes..........but not a good choice if you have broad shoulders (like me)!

And I like them because they draw attention to my shoulders instead of my tummy!  😂.  

As someone else mentioned, I like the Fair Isle with the pattern across the shoulders, not all the way down.  See above comment about tummy.  Hoizontal-stripes look not so good for me.   lol

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of them.  I wear a pull over sweater almost everyday in the fall and winter.  

Super Contributor

I agree that those colors are really pretty! I'm more of a cardigan girl, but I do like that fair isle sweater! 

Honored Contributor

heavier yarn in clothing doesn't point out bad features in myself such as

side bra fat. You have a smoother line without spanx. Plus, dark colored one to boot minimizes a big bust.

Respected Contributor

I was near J Crew today after a hair appt. and popped in and got this sweater - on sale for $30.  I love the color!