Honored Contributor

Fair Isle Sweaters Are Still Popular This Year

I see them on every site where I window shop. 

I own one, it's wool and has shades of blue and grey. Usually I like the more muted and subtle, but this one caught my eye. Bright and "happy", Iike bright pink but don't wear it.Not buying, have enough sweaters. 

It's cotton, from J Crew Factory. $39, 50 with an extra 20% off today.AT817_SU6902_m.jpeg

AT817_SU6902_d1.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fair Isle Sweaters Are Still Popular This Year

@Greeneyedlady21 

I love these sweaters, although I no longer wear sweaters of any kind.  At least I haven't done so for years.  Used to have many of them in pure cotton.

This pattern is so popular, I found some Gnome cookie jars with red Fair Isle Sweaters and hats and had to buy them.  Then, bought matching  throws and pillows.

I'll give them all away, but enjoy looking at them in the meantime!

Honored Contributor

Popular, yes..........but not a good choice if you have broad shoulders (like me)!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got 2, but with the decoration just at the top going across and bottom half solid to me that's more of a Fair Isle sweater

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty but I would roast in one of them. Haven't worn a sweater in decades. Barely wear a jacket.

Honored Contributor

I haven't made one of these in several years!  

Just this morning, I saw a similar sweater in one of my emails ... Seriously thinking about making one.  I even took out a box of yarn - planning colors.

Just have to go through my bookcases and get out the fair isle charts (or maybe mosaic) charts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't wear sweaters either, but I have Fair Isle fleece for wear around the house as we keep it pretty cold.  Also every bed in the house currently has those Fair Isle sherpa lined blankets QVC sold a few years ago.  Very wintery looking here in the woods.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'Funny'..........Just yesterday I ran across a fair isle sweater that I completely forgot about.

Years ago, I ran across it while running through a men's dept, on my way to somewhere else in the store.

Anyway, It's a cardigan, front zip.  Mostly black with grey fair isle print across the top area.  

Large-ish mock neck when completely zipped up.

I'm happy that it's a cardi, as I need more cardi's. 

It's been cold around here, in my area.

I've always loved Fair Isle prints.  Also, some of those diamond print type of sweaters.  Can't think of what they're called.  UPDATE:  Argyle.  Argyle sweaters.

I haven't seen them lately.   Well, I haven't been anywhere............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I updated..........I was thinking of Argyle sweaters.  Haven't seen them, but I haven't been anywhere.

I like only a few color combinations.  Not all, especially if they are very bright color combinations. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Agree. Love the look, but with my broad shoulders they aren’t very flattering on me. 

@SharkE 

Agree. I also think of fair isle sweaters having the design only at the top with the rest a solid color.