Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fair Isle ... Fair Isle ... Fair Isle

[ Edited ]

@Tori3569 

I'm holding it in my hands right now ... it's an intarsia cotton knit, substantial ...  almost heavy.   It's typical Ralph Lauren ... well made quality fabric.  You will love it.

@Tori3569 wrote:

@SoX I have been going back and forth on the Lauren elk sweater for two weeks now.   Is it soft?  Also, I love every sweater you posted. Enjoy! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Your sweaters are stunning!

I also love Fair Isle sweaters.  I bought three last year from my old favorite, LLBean.  Despite all the other sweaters sitting on shelves, and in bureaus, I am wearing these sweaters all the time.  I did notice that LLBean had a much smaller selection this year and wonder why.

Now in my old age, I am enjoying this style that was popular so many years ago.  I am thoroughly New England in every way, and we NE girls love our sweaters.

Goes to prove what’s old becomes new again.

@PamfromCT 

I think that's why I'm drawn to them again, too.  Something clicks within me when I see one and a special memory comes to mind.

Speaking of LLBean ... did you get the latest catalog?  It's a freaking phone book, it's so LARGE!

Respected Contributor

Good for you !!  They're ALL beautiful but I especially love the Ralph Lauren.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful sweaters!  I've always loved Fair Isle sweaters.  I recently bought one at Kohl's.  Very soft and snuggly.  I have to buy cotton and/or synthetics because my skin can't tolerate wool, angora, cashmere, etc.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Love the top 3! Especially that torquoise one. Beautiful sweaters.

I don't have any fair isle right now.....I need to rectify that.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Love all those sweaters, but then I love Fair Isle!

Honored Contributor

I do like those sweaters. I don’t have any now, but in the past have made several. I never had a machine-made - only hand-made.

Not difficult to make. Reading charts can be a bit slow going in the beginning.

If you’re a knitter there are several books of charts. See Amazon.
Honored Contributor

I love them too....have to be careful about the pattern if you have broad shoulders.  The patterns and colors are so beautiful, classic, and comfortable to wear just a timeless sweater that will always have a place in my wardrobe.👘🔥

Esteemed Contributor

I don't find the patterns appealing.  What is the fabric content?  The bottom one is clearly made by Ralph Lauren.  I usually like Ralph, but I don't want his initials on my clothing.  He is an icon, but I wouldn't buy this sweater.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset 

Not everyone likes what I like ... I'm sharing my collection with those who may be interested ... if not, that's fine.

The fabic content can be found on the websites indicated above the sweaters ...