Honored Contributor

Related image

I remember the Shift Dress, the Umpire Dress and the Baby Doll Dress.  Also, those huge Bell Bottom's.

The Wrap Dress was a little later, early 70's. 

Fun stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fabulous 60’s Fun!

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

Woodstock was only $18.00 for all 3 days??!! Amazing!

@Andreatoo $18 was an amazing price for three days of music festival featuring world class acts.  Maybe you and others recall that in order to keep things calm officials decided not to try to round up trespassers, thereby allowing hundreds of folks to enter Max's farm who did not have tickets.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  In the 60's I was not quite a teen so I missed out on some stuff but remember the fashions well.  Maxi Coats (so cool), pants w/matching long vests, sizzler's.

I don't think the times were so carefree (Vietnam, lots of domestic strife w/civil rights, drug culture, acid rock, Charlie Manson family, assasinations, etc...) I think the wild colors and fashions reflect that crazy time. 

Not to forget the British Invasion and influence that had on American style.  I luv reading all about the 60's.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: shoes

Respected Contributor

Lady Bug Fashions

Respected Contributor

1960 to 1969 - Silhouttes and Hemlines

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline  If you ever watched the TV show Mad Men it looks like the costumers for the show followed that chart in every detail for the women fashions as the seasons reflected the progression of time from 1960 (Season 1) to the final season which was set in 1969. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMGosh...........I used to sew simple Shift dresses very similar to the color combinations in the one at the left.

My friend and I always seemed to have the time to quickly sew those dresses and skirts for various high school, college, and other occasions.

Spent a lot of time in fabric stores, excitingly browsing for just the 'right' fabric (we called it 'material').

Also, Mimosa, thank you for the chart.

I will print!

Btw, the Lady Bug illustration looked similar to my look around those approximate days / time frame.  May be off, as I was always copying my slightly older sister(s) and their friends.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

LTT1:

Yes, life seemed simpler, maybe because we weren't as 'distracted' in those days, compared with today.

Our brains weren't 'bombarded' with so much 'this and that', including various electronic computer gadgets, phones, texting, gaming, and whatever else is out there that I don't know about.

Anyway, I think that we were able to focus on one thing at a time.  Sure, it was time-consuming, but it really didn't seem to bother us at the time. 

Well, just let me say (re: slow websites) that I'm glad that I have low blood pressure, lol. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Woodstock was only $18.00 for all 3 days??!! Amazing!

@Andreatoo $18 was an amazing price for three days of music festival featuring world class acts.  Maybe you and others recall that in order to keep things calm officials decided not to try to round up trespassers, thereby allowing hundreds of folks to enter Max's farm who did not have tickets.

@Trix 

I was actually born in 1960 so here's what I remember of that decade, watching the Vietnam War on the news every night and looking for the gorillas! LOL and the moonwalk where I couldn't see a ****** thing!