Trusted Contributor

I know a lot of people do not have pilling issues with their clothing purchases, but I DO. I just bought a nice over the knee length tank top dress, with cotton/poly blend and it is pilling like crazy. Material is vintage distressed-like, soft and lightweight.  I thought I would give this shaver a try, and wow, it's easy to use, and does a great job. Dress saved.

Years ago I purchased many a LOGO with the rayon blend, and it pilled so badly, I was so disappointed and stopped buying. I have long since gotten rid of them but I may have been able to salvage them if I had tried this shaver a few years ago. 

I highly recommend it.  Thought maybe someone else could benefit...

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I have a battery operated one I've had for years.   Wouldn't be without it.  I wear a lot of knits and some of them do pill around the pockets and sleeves where the fabric rubs against itself.

Not just for clothes - I use it on the throw pillows.  They are a woven tapestry fabric that has to be de-pilled a couple of times a year.  

Respected Contributor

Had one item that got worn out after too many shaves.

Seatbelts can be lifesavers but they can also cause wear and tear on fabric ( even winter coats ) where the latch is as well as on the shoulder restraint.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Contributor

Which one did you buy?

Honored Contributor

I bought The Gleener and it is an awesome product.  It's far better than the battery operated electric shaver I bought years ago.

Most of the time if I have a pilling issue, it's from something rubbing on the item.  The other day I had a knit dress on from Old Navy.  I looked down and noticed a substantial pilled area on my chest.  I realized it was from my necklace catching on it. 

Trusted Contributor

See, I must have really bad luck, my blended knits ALWAYS pill, regardless of seat belts, jewelry, anything. It just does. I do try to stay away from anything rayon and it's material cousins, but sometimes the cuteness of the clothing piece gets the win, and I buy it. But now, I can fix it. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

Hi @mwane

I purchased the extra large Evercare, battery operated, easy to handle, from walmartdotcom. 

⚓️