Super Contributor

Is the Slinky Brand fabric on HSN the same as SG liquid knit?

We are visiting family in Arizona this June and I want to take mostly clothing that doesn't wrinkle.

I've never purchased anything on HSN other than some Beekman Brothers products, so I have no idea.

I know that Renee G also offers some clothing that doesn't wrinkle. Any suggestions as to this type of fabric is welcome!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Honored Contributor

I have bought both SG (not sure if it is "liquid knit") and Slinky and like them both.  It has been my experience that neither wrinkles and both wash very well.  I do take a large in Slinky and a medium in SG so check the online measurements.

Super Contributor

Thank you! I've traveled with liquid it items before and they truly do not wrinkle. Dries so fast that I've even washed it in a hotel room sink!

I've lost 55 lbs, however, and none of it fits me anymore so I will be buying all new clothing. Not that I'm complaining, lol.

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

Thank you! I've traveled with liquid it items before and they truly do not wrinkle. Dries so fast that I've even washed it in a hotel room sink!

I've lost 55 lbs, however, and none of it fits me anymore so I will be buying all new clothing. Not that I'm complaining, lol.

@AussieLuvr 

Congratulations on the weight loss! And fabulous that you get to buy all new clothes I'm excited for you! I have plenty of experience with slinky, I own a lot of pieces, and there are different fabrications but the classic Slinky fabric doesn't wrinkle and amazingly breathe even though it's polyester!

I don't have the experience with Graver. Her things are just too long I'm 5-2 and not so concerned with covering it all up!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr -

I have had them both and like them both equally. They both are amazingly breathable and I'm usually hot! It is true they don't wrinkle and always hold their color and shape.

I can't really say that I can tell too much difference, maybe that Slinky seems a little bit lighter and I probably like it the best out of the 2,

but I also have really enjoyed Susan

Graver's.I think Slinky also has brighter colors.

Right now I would say with SG's exorbitant prices, I would choose whichever is the lowest price!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Neither are anything alike in feel, but neither wrinkle. I have lots of both. I think slinky is more stretchy than SG.  

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr  If you wear SG's liquid fabric you will sweat like a _____ especially in Arizona in June.  You need to wear cottons, linens,etc., lightweight fabrics.  Don't worry so much about the wrinkling.  You can bring an iron or a small steamer.  Call customer service at HSN about the Slinky fabric.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Re: Fabric Question

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 Thanks for this info! I live in NC where it is hot, hot, hot and humid, humid, humid in the Summer and I wear SG's liquid knit all Summer (tops only).

We are staying with family so I'll have a washer and dryer at my disposal, but I want to travel light and not have to do any maintenance on my clothing. We'll be on the go 8-12 hours a day and I have a disability so I will not be wanting to do any ironing in our downtime.

I also love seersucker in the Summertime and will be ordering some Joan Rivers pieces. I've had several outdoor jobs in my younger life and while the value of cotton is self-apparent, it's just not going to work on this trip. In fact, I'm even considering five or six liquid knit/slinky tops in a box and sending them to my cousin ahead of time so I don't have to pack them. With muscular dystrophy, the less I have to carry in my luggage, the better. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr  Check out this fabric at JJill.com    I met a woman in the store that loves the Wearever collection because she traveled a great deal of the time and this was easy care.  This is on sale for 49.99 plus I believe 50% off.  In fact, check out their sale.  This top is under Wearever and it has an interesting back which has a panel.  Very nice.

Image For Wearever Cross-Back Top from JJill

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Aussie Lover - (love those pups too by the way!)

BOTH ARE 95% Polyester / 5 Spandex - I own both brands - prefer SLINKY over GRAVER - SLINKY IS MADE ENTIRELY IN THE USA!!!

PRICING ON SLINKY IS USUALLY WAY BETTER AS WELL.