Frequent Contributor

Fabric Question - Tell me good brands for leggings that won't fade. WIC all fade on me!

Hi! 

I have several pairs of  Women In Control leggings.  I do love the comfort, length, and generally the feel BUT they all fade!  I purchased this item

A272692

Women with Control Regular Tunic and Pintuck Leggings Set
  • Leggings Content: 86% cotton/14% spandex

For this particular product, the top fabric is very different from the leggings (and I love the top because it's long)...however, the black pants have already faded and don't look right...the leggings are too casual.    I wash in cold, but they still fade.  

SO...I'm looking for a similiar style but a dressier fabric.  Any specific Q item suggestions or general brands or type of fabric to look for?  I found the best pair of leggings/slim leg pants at New York and Company...but they don't have it anymore.  

Thanks for any feedback!  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Fabric Question - Tell me good brands for leggings that won't fade. WIC all fade on me!

Lysse leggings are the BEST!  No saggy knees, no fading, no pilling.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fabric Question - Tell me good brands for leggings that won't fade. WIC all fade on me!

I have many WIC leggings, slim pants and love them all.  I've never had any problems with laundering, color fading, pilling, nothing.  The fabric is beefy, regular length is long enough and then some but certainly not too long.

The other brand I have no problems with are Susan Graver's cotton/ponte knit pants. 

These are the 2 brands I'd recommend.

Honored Contributor

I personally love the 'Hue' brand of leggings, sold at Belk, Macys, Dillards and more stores, as well as their own website.

No stretching out, pilling or fading.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks ladies! 

Wow on no fading on the WIC leggings.  Maybe it's just the particular fabrication that I have..too much cotton or something.  They've all faded...black, chocolate and navy.  OH well...I do still wear them, just in a more casual manner.

I definitely have seen HUE in the stores.  Probably should check those out....that way I can also feel them and save on shipping.   Maybe they have a dressier style.

I've also seen Lysse..I'll research those a little more. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Hanes Silk Reflections Blackout tights.  You can order them and get discounts.  They're SO soft and silky!  They do great.  I do, line dry all of my things and use Woolite Dark wash.

Hanes Stretch Cotton Capri Legging is now $5.99.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles

I used to buy a lot of WWC pants, but I refuse to buy any more in any color other than white.  My experience with WWC is exactly like yours.  All the colors, except white, fade.  They fade terribly and they fade fast...a couple of washings!  I tried every trick in the book to set color, too. 

This is the last pair I bought (almost 2 years ago) in white.  I love them, wore them all last summer, rec'd lots of compliments, and they still look great.  I was so tempted to get the black, but no way...

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A265427.html?sc=PSCH

The only other color I loved is the grey shown here...didn't fade at all...great light heathered grey for summer.  Unfortunately, very very few other styles come in this color (if anyone knows of another WWC style in this grey color, I'd appreciate an item # TIA)...

http://www.qvc.com/Women-with-Control-Pull-on-Knit-Crop-Pants.product.A200215.html?sc=SRCH

Edited to clarify:  I only have her 86% cotton/14% spandex pant.  I corrected the link to the heather grey bottoms. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

another vote here for hue leggings.

Trusted Contributor

I have two pair of WWC black leggings, I have had them 2 years. They have not faded on me at all. I wear them all the time. I would love white leggings but my experience with white leggings have not been good with any brand so I am not going to spend money on shipping to try and fail. Last year I bought a pair of expensive white leggings in BM store, I have worn them twice with extra long tunic, white leggings shoe every imperfection you could possibly have and I do not like the appearance of skin showing thru. Anyway, I have been pleased with the WWC black leggings with the 14% spandex.
Frequent Contributor

HUE is my go to brand. Stylish, comfortable, quality. I typically wear a 4 or 6 in pants. My figure is straight, so my waist is not well defined. I buy a medium in hue for the best fit.