Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fablious Furs!

[ Edited ]

I believe @winamac1 purchased one from this line a couple of years ago ... perhaps she can tell you about the quality.

I wanted to buy that white hooded coat, but the cost was just too high (for me) for what it was ... it's still listed at that same price ... two years later.

Honored Contributor

SoX wrote:

I believe @Winamac purchased one from this line a couple of years ago ... perhaps she can tell you about the quality.

I wanted to buy that white hooded coat, but the cost was just too high (for me) for what it was ... it's still listed at that same price ... two years later.

for a few days they had a 30% off promotion.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I thought this was the same person on Evine; I hear her faux furs are really nice.  I wasn't sure she was still at Evine live since Pam McCoy returned.

@Luvitorleaveit1,Do you feel it is the same person then?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

I believe @winamac1 purchased one from this line a couple of years ago ... perhaps she can tell you about the quality.

Hi SoX.  Yes, you have a great memory!  I did purchase one--last year!   It was one of Oprah's Favorite Things-cream colored jacket.  I got 20% off, I believe, for using the code Oprah.  It was $500 and I think I paid $400 or so.  Anyway, it is gorgeous and well made.  I do have it and do wear it!  It's lightweight--not a heavy jacket at all-it's kind of a mid-length on me.

Smiley Happy

https://www.google.com/search?q=oprah's+fabulous+things+fur+coat+2015&biw=1312&bih=812&tbm=isch&imgi...

https://www.google.com/search?q=oprah's+fabulous+things+fur+coat+2015&biw=1312&bih=812&tbm=isch&imgi...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I thought this was the same person on Evine; I hear her faux furs are really nice.  I wasn't sure she was still at Evine live since Pam McCoy returned.

@ECBG, Evine's Donna Salyers is Fabulous Furs owner and designer.  Her name is on their boxes and labels (they read Donna Salyer's Fabulous Furs).  You can see some of Donna's coats at a few of the hgh end department stores. I used to get catalogues from Fabulous Furs back when when Dennis Basso was the only vendor doing faux fur on TV.  

I purchased a Fabulous Fur from Saks many years ago. It was a maxi length reversible chinchilla.  On the fur side it looked like a taupe/grayish chinchilla vest layered over a taupe storm coat. She didn't skimp on the fur. It ran the full length of the coat on the front and back (almost to my ankles). On the storm coat side, the fur peeked out of the collar, at the hem and along the closures. The fur quality was better than most of what was available at the time.  However, faux fur texiles have improved so much it would look like a bath rug compared to Tissavel and the new pelts.  I may try one of her faux sherlings from Evine.

This fur on this vest from Evine is cut exactly as my full length Fabulous Fur was. My coat was gray/taupe. That said, elongate this vest to the ankle layered over a cloth  storm coat in the same length, and that would be it.  I may order this vest for sentimental reasons. 723-922- Donna Saylers' Fabulous-Furs Faux Fur & Faux Leather Trim Zip Front Vest

Honored Contributor

Sometimes faux furs look cheap and tacky looking.  This one is for sure.  Don't know whether it's the color. or what, but I really hate it.  The rest of the outfit is hot.  J Brand leather pants and Prada shoes. 

Kate Beckinsale Fur Coat Trend 2016

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Yes I do and another poster confirmed it.  Did anything catch your eye????  Check out Evine too they may have some good holiday deals.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

Hi SoX.  Yes, you have a great memory!  I did purchase one--last year!   It was one of Oprah's Favorite Things-cream colored jacket.  I got 20% off, I believe, for using the code Oprah.  It was $500 and I think I paid $400 or so.  Anyway, it is gorgeous and well made.  I do have it and do wear it!  It's lightweight--not a heavy jacket at all-it's kind of a mid-length on me.

Smiley Happy

@winamac1....
LOL ... good memory only because I wanted that same coat ... kept waiting for the price to drop, and after awhile just forgot about it.  Was it just last year?   I thought it was longer than that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

Smiley Happy

@winamac1....
LOL ... good memory only because I wanted that same coat ... kept waiting for the price to drop, and after awhile just forgot about it.  Was it just last year?   I thought it was longer than that.

I know...I thought it was 2014 too, LOL.  It was just last year.  I checked that Magazine date!  I do love the jacket--super well made and it's lighter weight!  Hope you are doing well!! Smiley Happy 

Goodness--you may be right--I looked at the magazine article on another search and it says 2014.  I seriously don't remember.  I thought it was 15 but maybe it was 14, LOL!

TIME FLIES either way.

ETA:--FINALLY found it--it was 2014!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1

Yep ... 2014.   It's a great-looking jacket, but still $499 after two years!  Maybe I'll catch another 30% off sale soon.  

I'm doing just okay ... having knee surgery in late January.   All those years of running has finally taken a toll.   You're okay, too?