Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@ECBG @winamac1 @SahmIam @Luvitorleaveit1 & all:

I just received by faux fur vest from fabulous furs. Rich deep brown, great fur.

Downside: Not the quality of a Dennnis Basso. NO INNER POCKETS AT ALL! Side pockets shallow. 

I'm spoiled by Dennis, and now have a cape and a Platinum Label jacket, beautifully made.

Lots of choices on their web site, but beware of quality, especially if you're used to Basso.

My jacket is actually better than Dennis Basso's jackets.  I have both.  It's lighter in weight, but I love that!    I actually just checked my jacket--paisley lining but no inner pockets.   

I can't speak to the quality of her vests as I don't own one. 

@winamac1 @AuntMame

Glad to hear about the history of this company, thanks!

However, NO inner pockets is definitely a cost-cutter and makes the coat or vest less-useable. The Basso coats all have two DEEP inner pockets (one is the "glove" pocket, with elaborate folded tucks). Even the GILI faux fur vest (which I have) has the two deep inner pockets and deep outer side pockets.

I suspect that a company cuts costs to keep the profit reasonable. However, the Q may have more sales, hence they can keep the luxury touches. 

The price, however, on GILI, Basso, and Fab Furs vests is almost identical! Around $145. Inner pockets on furs are historically an expected essential.

Less useable for YOU--not necessarily others.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor- wear and enjoy your vests in good health!  I will be picking up probably my last winter coat from Dennis Basso A285581 it's longer which I need short coats are cute and I have enough of them but when the temps drop into the 20's and below with wind I need as much covered as possible and it has a hood. 

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@1Professor- wear and enjoy your vests in good health!  I will be picking up probably my last winter coat from Dennis Basso A285581 it's longer which I need short coats are cute and I have enough of them but when the temps drop into the 20's and below with wind I need as much covered as possible and it has a hood. 

@Luvitorleaveit1:

A zip off hood is fabulous!

Is this the one? Brown or black?

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 7.23.39 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Yep that's it got it in black will wear the fur inside.  Love the two way zipper and the removable hood which comes in handy.

I'm not good at posting pictures so thanks a lot

Respected Contributor

This brand is Oprah's Favorite things.

Honored Contributor

i have to disagree with @1Professor. my mom received the three vests she ordered from fabulous furs and they are fantastic! i find the quality to be better than dennis basso. no, there are no inside pockets, but that is not a dealbreaker for me. i dont use inside pockets. the quality of the faux fur and the lining is exceptional.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I am in the market for a new faux fur but want something really unique.  While I am sure these are very nice quality, they look rather ordinary, typical boxy cuts and in my opinion, are not really special in terms of design.

If anyone has seen anything special out there, I would love to know where.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Do these furs run big like Dennis' do? 

I'm only looking at vests, but don't want to get one that's too big. 

The website says 'true to size', do you agree with that since you're familiar with DS and DB?

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The website says 'true to size', do you agree with that since you're familiar with DS and DB?

@Lucky Charm:

In Dennis Basso a SMALL is very roomy on me; I could almost do an XS.

Just received a FABulous furs vest in a SMALL and it is tight!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm:

In Dennis Basso a SMALL is very roomy on me; I could almost do an XS.

Just received a FABulous furs vest in a SMALL and it is tight!

@1Professor  Thanks so much for your response, I held off ordering just in case.  This helps. 

FYI --if you Google FF--and click on the 'special offer' in the little ad box to the side---NOT the link/website itself--you get 30% off.

Yesterday the *deal* was 25% off and free shipping.