Respected Contributor

i bought my mother a very pretty stan herman chenille robe and it had to be returned because it shed so much.

maybe that's why he doesn't make them anymore.

Honored Contributor

Romary1, I remember that robe!  It was very cute.  Come to think of it I have not seen a nice robe in a store for a long time.  The robes that are posted on this forum are lovely.

Respected Contributor

I posted this before and the robe is so nice I'll do it again. From Roman's online this chenille robe is delicious (and SO pretty!)! I have it on right now and have had it about a year now.....no problems with shedding at all. Washes up great and the med. fits a med.in Q sizes just fine. Love it! The closest to Stan's robes I've ever found.

Plus Size Robe in plush chenille with pockets

Plus Size Robe in plush chenille with pockets

Esteemed Contributor

c/o friend:    

bliss

xl4

Honored Contributor

@Nordies- Item #355089

Stretch Chenille Robe

Stretch Chenille Robe

Stretch Chenille Robe

Honored Contributor

@Sears 

Respected Contributor

The Sears model looks like someone snapped her photo before she was ready.  Really, Sears?  At least pretend to try...  Cat Tongue

Valued Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

The Sears model looks like someone snapped her photo before she was ready.  Really, Sears?  At least pretend to try...  Cat Tongue

The robe could have used a good steaming before the photo shoot, too!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

I have 3 long Stan Herman robes that I got back in the mid 1990's, when he brought petite sizes to QVC.  They've held up well & I guess this was just before the problem so many had with his chenille robes shedding.

You'd think that him being a gentleman of short stature himself, he'd bring more petites in.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1

I saw your comment on the other thread.  You might find what you're looking for here.