Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

I was chatting with a shopper the other day about this...her take on it was exactly mine.   She said she was thrilled when designers started making tops with a little more room in the sweep (stick with me here), but all she could find were tops that were voluminous in the sweep. 

Now, with all the focus on the sleeve treatment...some of which are cute, but how many do you need...what do you bet the designers will go overboard on this trend, too?   Yep, they'll go overboard trying to outdo each other with "unusual" sleeve treatments.

Here's an example.   Vince Camuto, "cold-elbow" sleeve...cold-elbow???  Yeah, because elbows are so lovely...

Two by Vince Camuto Cold-Elbow Linearscape Top

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I have one top with a small ruffle at the cuff.  That's about as "funky" as I get!

My preference is for a plain straight sleeve ... and that's all I buy.  

Honored Contributor

I like some of the new sleeves but not all.  These sweaters or blouses are meant to be worn alone so you don't cover up the sleeves.  The designers needed to come up with something new and here it is.  I would possibly purchase one but more on the conservative side.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't like them at all.  I usually wouldn't buy them, but Loft had a blouse that I  loved that had the loose sleeves.  I wore it for the first time the other night when I went to a friend's for dinner.  She had a candle in a jar burning, and I reached over to get something and she told me to be careful not to catch my sleeve on fire!  It was hanging awfully close to the flame.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I love sleeve detail.  I've not had any problems putting on a sweater, or a jacket (when I go outside, not to cover it up).

I avoid buffets no matter what I'm wearing.

Oh me too! I love all the newer detail with womens sleeves! So very feminine! I have a few of the flair/ruffle at the sleeves end and really love how flowy it looks! I have no problems when eating whatsoever. I get compliments all the time and women always ask where I shop (not the Q). 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I remember when I was little girl I had a sweater that got really stretched out in the cuffs and they looked just like today's modern bell sleeves! So now whenever I see a sweater with bell sleeves...it takes me back.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I like them and wear them at the appropriate times.  They're really not everyday shirts.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I love sleeve detail.  I've not had any problems putting on a sweater, or a jacket (when I go outside, not to cover it up).

I avoid buffets no matter what I'm wearing.

ITA. 

How boring would it be if fashion never changed. 

I like some of the sleeve details that are being shown this season.. I never wear blazers or eat at a buffet, so I'm good!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF

That "cold elbow" looks like the sleeves were ripped off and pinned back onCat LOL

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Shanus

I was chatting with a shopper the other day about this...her take on it was exactly mine.   She said she was thrilled when designers started making tops with a little more room in the sweep (stick with me here), but all she could find were tops that were voluminous in the sweep. 

Now, with all the focus on the sleeve treatment...some of which are cute, but how many do you need...what do you bet the designers will go overboard on this trend, too?   Yep, they'll go overboard trying to outdo each other with "unusual" sleeve treatments.

Here's an example.   Vince Camuto, "cold-elbow" sleeve...cold-elbow???  Yeah, because elbows are so lovely...

Two by Vince Camuto Cold-Elbow Linearscape Top

@MacDUFF  Can “cold breasts” be far behind? What’s left?