Respected Contributor

Re: FUN FALL FASHION ideas ... share if you'd like to!

@MacDUFF thanks for sharing.  ss has some beautiful things and they just sent me a coupon for $20 off for my birthday!  oh, what to buy, what to buy!  their shipping is so high, though.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@MacDUFF thanks for sharing.  ss has some beautiful things and they just sent me a coupon for $20 off for my birthday!  oh, what to buy, what to buy!  their shipping is so high, though.

@ladyroxanne

IIRC, someone here shops with them and they place the order over the phone with a store in the mall, and by doing that they don't have to pay shipping.  I think (but don't hold me to this) that the poster lives in FL and uses the King of Prussia store for ordering.

HTH

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono thanks for the tip!  i'll definitely look into that.

Respected Contributor

Earthies Carlow.jpg

Does anyone have these Earthies Carlow boots?  I am interested in them but the reviews on the Q are terrible.  They get higher marks on Zappos...but for the price I'm not sure I want to chance it.  Hoping maybe one of you have tried them...

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl, surprisingly, I do NOT own these boots, haha! What caught my interest was that the price is higher on Amazon and Zappos than here. I could be completely wrong, but I often wonder if the "same" items manufactured for Q are done with cheaper materials. It could account for the lower ratings. And lower price. By the time you add in Q shipping and tax, you might as well buy the real deal from somewhere that charges neither.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Thanks lovestoteach.I am going to order that dress...just love it.Right now I am in Oklahoma visiting my son so not too much computer time but I really appreciate your reply.

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl  i do not own these boots but do own many pair of earthies boots, sandals and shoes.

i have always shopped around for the best price and at times it has been here at qvc and others nordies.  i bought one pair of sandals here and the 2nd there, for ex.  i have purchased from amazon also.

anyway, if you've never worn them, they have arch support, which bothers some people.  it doesn't bother me.  also, i find i have to size up 1/2 size on all styles where normally i only size up on a sandal.  these are definitely a cute boot, but if you can get them where you can get the free ship, then go for it.  i find the qvc reviewers pretty tough.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl

I feel the need to "enable" by saying that Z has free shipping and free returns... easy to try and if you don't like, send back for free! : )

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

Maggie, I was sure you would already have these!  I pictured you wearing them with the plaid leggings we both own!  If you add these boots to the Q shopping chart, they come out to be the same price as Zappos.  So I suspect they are the same boot but priced lower here because of the add-ons.

@ladyroxanne & @LTT1

I am such a dope! It had not occurred to me to buy them at 'higher price' with free shipping to minimize the fit risk until I read Roxanne's post.  Seriously.  How do I make a living?  Q had offered them on easy pay and I thought I wouldn't be out of pocket the whole amount if I didn't like them.  But since the ultimate cost is the same, it only makes sense to buy them with free shipping. All reviewers say they are really cute, but to Roxanne's point about the arch, there are several who don't find it comfortable.  And Rox is totally right: reviewers here can be tough, especially where shoes are concerned.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl

A shopanista has to do what a shopanista has to do... LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~