Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I totally agree, prices are nuts. This isn’t a brand that is well known in my opinion, and the styles and colors are unimpressive. They can keep them! 

Frye has been around since 1863.  Their boots and handbags are very well made.  I have a few handbags and boots and they look just as good as when I first purchased them.  

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 .......Frye has been around for years and years.  My brother bought a pair of Frye boots in the 1970's and they are still in good shape and he still wears them.

I would have loved to own a pair of Frye boots but I could never afford them, they were always expensive but worth it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Crazy prices,yes beautiful leather but come on!

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I totally agree, prices are nuts. This isn’t a brand that is well known in my opinion, and the styles and colors are unimpressive. They can keep them! 

Frye has been around since 1863.  Their boots and handbags are very well made.  I have a few handbags and boots and they look just as good as when I first purchased them.  

@Pecky   I had Frye boots in college, but Mommy & Daddy were signing checks then. I wouldn't spend that much on boots now. I'm content w/ my Clark's and other good leather boots for much less money.

Honored Contributor

You either like the style that is Frye or you don't.  They are more of a unique look.

I would guess if one isn't interested in the Frye style, they wouldn't know much about them and would think they aren't that well known.  If you like that style, you know about them.  

While the line may be out of touch with some budgets, for others it is not.  People spend more than that on leather items and even non-leather items.  To each his/her own.

Frequent Contributor

I have a few Frye handbags....the Melissa satchel is my favorite, I love pull up leather...its pretty rugged and does age well  Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

There is a bag on TV now that is about 5-1/2 wide and same length for $178.  Are they crazy?  All I hear from the hosts is Frye leather.  Yes, they have nice leather but so do other brands and frankly, their prices are out of touch with reality. Anyone else notice this?

@Katcat1  I saw the same show and thought the exact same thing LOL...I'm sory but that is crazy to spend that much on such a tiny bag, even if you HAVE the $$...JMO 

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I own a few pairs of Frye boots. But I didn't buy them from the Q and I got some of them on sale. One pair is made in the USA, one in Mexico and the other in China. They're all very nicely made.

This was my last Frye purchase a few years ago. 'Tamara' OTK boots in genuine shearling. The warmest boots I own to date.

download.jpg

@SilleeMee  Just wanted to tell you how cute those boots are! I bet you get a ton of compliments when you wear them. I love warm/comfortable boots. I live in Bearpaw ones! 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I was talking about one specific bag that is teeny tiny for $178.  There are only a few people who read my comment correctly.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I was talking about one specific bag that is teeny tiny for $178.  There are only a few people who read my comment correctly.

@Katcat1 @Lipstickdiva 

I read you comment correctly however Diva makes valid points.  Value and price points are very subjective and individual decisions.  IMO I wouldn't spend 5 cents on a line of clothing that I consider overpriced and it may be your favorite line, and I would say wear it in good health.  Something for everyone........