Valued Contributor

FOR GOLDIE..mahogany color comps.

HI GOLDIE...Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I haven't been home in daylight to compare Mahogany color #257383 (new w/k collared sweater) to other Linea colors and I didn't want to mess this up.

Mahogany is closet to Bordeaux color in A228341 L/S tunic. Mahogany has more brown.

Mahogany has more wine than Walnut and a little lighter. They have the same rich autumn/winter colors but not really a good compliment. Same deep tones but don't match and not enough contrast to look good together. For anyone over 60 who hasn't had cataract surgery yet, they will probably match.

Aubergine is definitely lighter and more wine/red? I don't like together.

Of course looks fabulous with black, nutmeg and all the lighter browns , ivory and taupe. Looks fabulous with any greens, love with hunter green and all the teal colors.

Guess you have to decide how well you wear dark brown wine colors near you face or if you are going to brighten up with scarves or jewelry. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Re: FOR GOLDIE..mahogany color comps.

Thank you for your thorough examination of this color, Happy. As one who once wore black very well close to the face but cannot any longer, I have learned (from others' responses to my clothing) that browns are truly my new black. I was told that they "even out" my complexion, and so I am interested in this sweater. My only reservation about the top is the neckline. I am such a V-, scoop-, jewel-neck kind of gal that I find it difficult to choose a prissier look in a sweater's neckline. I do not hesitate with a blouse, but I think twice with a sweater. Of course I am mad about the "WK Tie with Button Detail" (A219896), which is the most luscious prissy sweater that ever was. When I go prissy, I like to go all the way. That sweater and the Linea "WK Faux Wrap Top with Rib Trim" (A237407) are my all-time favorite Linea sweaters. To me, they are divine.

Valued Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Goldie76 said:

Thank you for your thorough examination of this color, Happy. As one who once wore black very well close to the face but cannot any longer, I have learned (from others' responses to my clothing) that browns are truly my new black. I was told that they "even out" my complexion, and so I am interested in this sweater. My only reservation about the top is the neckline. I am such a V-, scoop-, jewel-neck kind of gal that I find it difficult to choose a prissier look in a sweater's neckline. I do not hesitate with a blouse, but I think twice with a sweater. Of course I am mad about the "WK Tie with Button Detail" (A219896), which is the most luscious prissy sweater that ever was. When I go prissy, I like to go all the way. That sweater and the Linea "WK Faux Wrap Top with Rib Trim" (A237407) are my all-time favorite Linea sweaters. To me, they are divine.

HI, I concur! I love A219896. I bought 2 black, 2 red (fabulous), 2 ivory and l chartreuse.
It is hard to find a pretty chartreuse sweater; guess some complexions can't wear that color . There's something about that sweater. WK pant or skirt; pearls and a nice jacket and you look like a million bucks.

Valued Contributor

I've been debating also about this sweater - but not because of the Mahogany. Which by the way Louis said on his blog he was doing a ""one of"" this year as an experiment to see how people liked the color. I've sort of been waiting to see how Louis styles this particular collared sweater. I really was amused at the comments made here about that sweater when it was a ""collard"" sweater - back in it's southern period. I'm completely comfortable with a turtleneck and a jacket but not yet sure I'm ready for this neckline with jackets. Maybe it's a bit of a lingering ""sporty"" streak hanging on with me Smiley Happy When I was a skinny little wraith of a thing I LOVED wearing this kind of neckline. But now that I prefer jackets or cardigans or other toppers ~ I'm still uncertain.