Honored Contributor

Re: FINALLY CHANGING CLOSET OVER

In an ongoing effort to not do so much "switching", I have many cotton blend sweaters that I keep down all year. When it's really cold, I have thin long sleeve tees to add a layer underneath and a lightweight jacket/blazer on top. It seems I'm going from car (heated garage) to destinations that are heated, too. I'm only outside loading groceries or walking to and from car. I'm plenty warm & the change of seasonal clothing isn't as drastic...mostly summer shoes to my suede flats and boots.

I only wore the heavy wool pullover sweaters a few days last winter and was burning up in the mall. My long wool, heavy coat the same. I have a long Barefoot Dreams cardigan that was plenty warm most days. 

Respected Contributor

I love changing from summer to fall/winter.  I must have accomplished my goal last year of paring down the last few seasons. Last year at this time I had about 3 bags of --" hey , OK , you have transfered these items 3 or so seasons--waste of time and space-- YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WEAR THEM ! donate " Just one this year. Glad I had that little talk with my self. This year was much easier. Also I have a free standing closet that I keep my true winter coats in so they are always at the ready without sorting.

I keep a few summer items in the mix until winter though as weather is usually fickle. Even so , it seems on a few days whatever I dress in is wrong by the end of the day . Too warm or too cold .Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  AE05BAA3-60EE-4DC0-A0D3-25A8C9194F03.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - I'm thankful that my closet can accomodate all my clothing so I don't have to do any unpacking, etc.

However, as the seasons change, it's a great time to purge.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus VERY nice!  Am I seeing a little touch of green?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   No big deal, but decided to add olive to the black, white and grey mix. Last year I added some (2 pieces) red and a little hydrangea blue. Hey, I'm busting out into color....with tip toes!! 🤗

***Put the pic up for you to see the cowl neck, drawstring sweaters I'm finding at TJ Maxx for $19.99. I found a similar one in teal (WHOA!!), too.

Honored Contributor

I have got to get going here. They are talking about frost so we brought some plants inside. I dread changing the clothes over. I purged alot of my "work and dress clothing" this summer. But I still have quite an assortment of casual clothing.

Got to get my act in gear. Maybe I will do a bit of purging too.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus TEAL!!!   Oooooooooooh!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus TEAL!!!   Oooooooooooh!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Yep. A real leap for me!! Lol

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Everything I own is in one closet & 2 dressers so there’s not much for me to do. I have separate dresser drawers in my bedroom for summer & winter tees, pjs, & sweaters so nothing to do there. 

I already moved summery items hanging in my closet to the back of the rod farthest away from the door. I also moved my winter shoes & boots forward on the closet floor and pushed summer shoes to the back. 

I have already worn worn a few fall sweaters & jackets. Love this time of year! 

That's pretty much my system.

I really need to do a Marie Kondo day, though, but it's so daunting.  I pull things out here and there and put them in a donation bag, but I need to get serious.  

There's always something I'd rather do!!