Trusted Contributor

Re: FINALLY CHANGING CLOSET OVER

@Icegoddess wrote:

I just started too.  I have done the dresses and skirts, but not the pants yet.  I have brought down the three Rubbermaid containers with turtlenecks, sweaters, etc. but have not started changing over yet.  Once I do switch out I'll keep the containers down for awhile because the temps swing so much here.  I don't have room in my closet for both sweaters and T-shirts.  

@ECBG I need a bunch of new Turtlenecks.  I prefer true turtlenecks and no banding on the sleeves.  Best I have found so far are the ones at Kohls if they happen to have the colors I need.  I'm quite cold natured, so I like to wear layers.  

Lands End has some nice turtlenecks in different colors.  

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I can't even find the new turtlenecks I bought it was SO long ago!!!!

Hey, don't wory about it as I am the same way.  I "think" it is an age thing lol. I get so confused  but could be lack of Vitamin D, doctor increased it to 4000 units so let's see if my memory improves soon.

Honored Contributor

I changed mine over two weeks ago.  I hate doing it as it takes so much time. Glad when it's done and can enjoy wearing everything !

Honored Contributor

I'm not bothering for a full change over. There are some things that are coming out that I haven't worn for over a year, some that don't fit (and not because they're too big) and my maxi dresses are coming out.  That's it.  Everything else is just going to stay in one closet.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Today's the day! We're getting full weeks in the low 70's and high 60's...cold in the morning hours. Looks like it's here to stay. 

Spending today putting away short sleeve tees, lightweight slacks and summer shoes and moving the winter things from the upper rods lower within reach.

I love sweater weather!!! Anyone else changing seasonal clothing or have already completed the task?

Well I hate putting away my summer dresses and my sandals.  In the winter I wear leggings a nice top, I don't like sweaters  too bulky I don't like heavy jackets.  I love lamo and bear paws boots.  Pretty much my winter wardrobe.I really do not like winter clothing.  I am happy I can get away with light weight winter stuff.  We still have some days that are suppose to be in the 70's,  so my summer dresses are not put away yet lol.  I weed my closet out all the time.  In fact I have a beg sitting her to be donated.  I use to love having a ton of clothes in my closet.  Now I only want what I enjoy wearing.  A lot easier.  I box up summer stuff, and in spring I box up my winter stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I can't even find the new turtlenecks I bought it was SO long ago!!!!

@ECBG   Good afternoon, Sweets. I just can't do a turtleneck. I look and feel like a turtle...mock necks, too. This year I'm finding sweaters w/ cowl style collars that have a drawstring. Bingo! 

@Shanus Hello Beautiful!  I haven't run into any cowls with a draw string except for our slip over jackets in the knit area.  

You can always put a scarf around yourself!  Go for the drama!!!!Smiley Happy  You should just see this knit cape I just got from a Guild member!!!  Black with the slightest blue thread running through it!!!!

(If you're finished would you please find my turtlenecks?)Smiley Sad

PS: Do you have a date yet?Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I just started too.  I have done the dresses and skirts, but not the pants yet.  I have brought down the three Rubbermaid containers with turtlenecks, sweaters, etc. but have not started changing over yet.  Once I do switch out I'll keep the containers down for awhile because the temps swing so much here.  I don't have room in my closet for both sweaters and T-shirts.  

@ECBG I need a bunch of new Turtlenecks.  I prefer true turtlenecks and no banding on the sleeves.  Best I have found so far are the ones at Kohls if they happen to have the colors I need.  I'm quite cold natured, so I like to wear layers.  

@Icegoddess I'm RIGHT there with ya Sweetie!  I wore men's insulated tops under my maternity sweaters!!!Smiley Happy

Research the super light weight merino wool Banaris scarves!  They're SO different and unexpected!

I intend to be that 90 year old in the cashmere coat with all of the drama!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   DH's thinking Charleston May be nicer weather. Will let you know.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG... I also did clothes closet cleaning/clearing/sorting today.  I guess the heavens have spoke to all of us....and we all got the same message! I had all intentions of taking my Mom shopping and somehow got side tracked into going into my closet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I waited until this week to put away my spring and summer clothes and dig out my fall and winter long sleeve tops. I did a bunch of laundry after I got back from Las Vegas and then put the summer tops away yesterday and hung up the long sleeve tops today. I still have to put away my capri jeans but I have them washed and dried and ready to be folded and put away in boxes until next year.

I also tried on a bunch of tops and decluttered 11 of them that didn't fit well or pulled somewhere or were pilling. I tend to do small closet cleanups rather than a big closet purge. Earlier last month I decluttered about 20 pair of shoes that I can't wear because my feet can't tolerate those shoes due to ankle tendonitis in my left ankle...sigh.