Esteemed Contributor

Just one more comment.

I looked at a few pairs of boots and considered until I saw the shipping charges. OMG. Take a look.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. Just under $11.00 in shipping charges.

If they aren't right and you need to return, you will have wasted $18.00.

That just ain't right. 

shipping$$.JPG

shipping$$2.JPG

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I didn't even realize FFANY was on last night . . . many, many years ago I was going through a very contentious divorce and they had a pair of Calvin Klein ankle boots half off . . . I really couldn't spare the money at that point but I knew I would more than get my wear out of them in the coming years so I bought them and as they were timeless I still have them to this day.

I am sorry to say that maybe those kind of bargains are no longer offered but I still smile when I see those boots . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've brought some very nice shoes in the past at good prices from major designers during the FFANY, but what they are bringing in these past couple of years is underwelling to say the least.  They use to sell out like hotcakes before the host could finish talking about the product.

Respected Contributor

mtc....that's crazy that a pair of boots brings back the memories of a divorce and a contentious one too.

little things in life just spark memories, good and bad ones.

Honored Contributor

The s/h on most of Q's shoes and boots is absolutely outrageous. 

However, I have a real issue with returns being allowed on items where a portion of the proceeds are for a charity.  I would never return such an item. 

HSN doesn't allow returns where part of the purchase price is being donated.

Honored Contributor

I just checked online, and there are almost 150 different FFANY offerings still left in stock. This seems disappointing to me...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

mtc....that's crazy that a pair of boots brings back the memories of a divorce and a contentious one too.

little things in life just spark memories, good and bad ones.

I guess I look at them as being a very bright spot during a very dark time . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The offerings were simply abominable for the most part.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2

I know. Even with broken sizes, it's still a whole lot of merchandise that's gone unsold.

I wonder if they had the fancy, live, NY event this year? The entire event just seemed under-promoted compared to previous years. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There were no UGGS and there were no Frye's.  I also don't think they had Dansko.  I bought nothing.  Nothing tempted me in the least bit.  I'd not take 95% of the offerings for free.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"