Honored Contributor

Totally disappointed in the offers of designs that was offered, nothing grabbed me enough to even consider buying.

AND the prices are/were sky high.  NO bargains anywhere.

I usually love to tune in and sometimes lose out on a few great styles because they were that good and prices to go with but certainly not this year.

What was your take on this year's offerings for a great cause?

Respected Contributor

I just never understood the game of the sale. If the point is to sell for charity then just post the items and sell them. It was hard to order on line while on air. Maybe it was my computer but the picture and description would not always match. 

It looks like some of the vendors just got rid of a lot of styles. I got a couple of Sam Edleman because I knew my size and fit. 

Esteemed Contributor

I too thought it was a really lackluster line-up.

QVC didn't do their usual promotion of the event either, which makes me wonder if they're phasing it out?

And, why did they air the live show at 3pm PST? I was at work as I'm sure were many other women who might have shopped.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Every year it's the same complaints. 

Isn't this shown at the same time every year or was it earlier this year? 

I didn't see any of it as I had something going. By the time I got home, there were only 15 minutes left and I didn't even tune in.    

I saw Jane in a video and thought she looked beautiful.  I loved her dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I guess this is directed at me, so let me say that no, it's usually aired later in the day to accommodate the west coast. In past years, I've been able to watch live.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

I guess this is directed at me, so let me say that no, it's usually aired later in the day to accommodate the west coast. In past years, I've been able to watch live.

The entire post wasn't directed to you at all.  I didn't remember what time this generally aired and I thought it seemed earlier this year.  I didn't remember.

But every single year there are complaints about the shoes being shown.  I doubt inventory is ever going to change because the shoes are donated.  I think this is a wonderful thing QVC does and they have raised a substantial amount of money.      

Respected Contributor

Of course it's all leftovers, I have never seen any Charity Event that offers current, first hand offerings.

Charity means donate which means to any business, let's see what we can get rid of with optimum benefits.

Just the way it is, I do the same for my business.

Trusted Contributor

They only offered medium widths. I wear an 8 narrow so I could not buy anything even if I wanted to.

Respected Contributor

It's usually aired on a Thursday evening, not in the afternoon.  I did look online, and what I saw was just a white elephant sale, and pricey at that.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I was also surprised that there weren't more of their own brands offered in this sale. Nothing from Isaac, Halston, C. Wonder, GILI, Vionic, and I think only one item from Marc Fisher and one from Clarks.  

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat