Super Contributor
On 10/1/2014 Pixie66 said:

ITA Ima

I'm debating on the Danskos, I have a black patent pair that I love and wear often and those were $120 and are rarely on sale. I like the Brown (and the price is great) but it irks me that there is a s&h charge on those and ONLY those. All other Danskos have Free shipping. Really??? I may cave and get them anyway.

I caught a sneak peak that GF posted a day or so ago and thought that the line-up looked better than previous years, but from what's posted, not so much. Maybe they are holding back for the actual presentation.

Have a great day Smile

SmileHi Pixie! I know, the S&H kind of grates on my nerves too, but I'm saving a bit of money on the Danskos so I decided I didn't mind so much. I do think that the S&H on the SOS shoes, is much more than what the Q regularly charges on other shoes on their website. Which is a bit annoying.

I agree, I really think that as far as saving money, it's the higher priced shoes that you save on, those that are rarely on sale like Dansko or Frye (which other than the Nordies Anniversary Sale I rarely see on sale). So brands like that, it does make a lot of sense to buy if you can find a pair that you know you'll wear and it's a brand you often buy. I know a lot of people can find some of the shoes at a lower price elsewhere, so in that case it isn't really useful to buy the shoes from SOS if you only want to save money. Then some people just want to participate, and they don't really mind what the shoe prices are, as long as they are able to order a pair.

Some of the shoes, while beautiful-- such as the Coach wedges they have I saw, or some of the Donald Pliner shoes they are offering, just aren't shoes I'd wear often and perhaps a bit too high for me, so I do pass on those but I think they are very nice. In years past I've purchased a lot of shoes from Shoes on Sale and I do think that there has been a better selection in previous years. But, it is great that they do raise as much money as they do for research, and it's good to remember what a wonderful thing that is. It does feel good to be a part of it, when I buy shoes for the cause!

You have a great day too!

Honored Contributor

It's irrelevant to me. Wide width girls are NEVER invited to the party.....

Valued Contributor
On 10/1/2014 morganjen said:

I picked up the tan Frye boots (sold out now).

Sorry I missed those.

Occasional Contributor

I always look forward to FFANY shoe event. Through the years, I have bought some great heels, flats and boots (Cole Haan, Kenneth Cole, Vince Camuto). It has also given me an opportunity to try brands which I haven't previously purchased (Marchez Vous, Marc Fisher, Sperry) at a discounted price. I've been very happy with those shoes as well.

Seems like they always bring in the best shoes for the night of the event, but wow, it is a crazy night to get through the phone lines or to get through the ordering process online. Also disappointing when my favorites sell out in my size so quickly.

This year again, I am determined to buy at least one pair of shoes either prior to, or during the sale event. Checked QVC's FFANY selections today, and it appears that a couple of the styles I like are already sold out of my size and its only the 1st day of the sale. I guess that's what happens when those particular Designers donated their best styles/designs. Its the older designs or less popular colors that seem to remain throughout the entire month. I'm hoping for more fabulous shoes to pop-up online or the day of the Event.

Honored Contributor

I just saw the same shoe I bought from SOS on HSN for the full price. I bought it yesterday

for $ 39.50, so it is a current style
348-012 $79
Easy spirit e360 Gitana Leather Flexible Slip-On Loafer

eta to take out computer commands
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think the majority of the shoes are duds with a few exceptions. Last year, I bought 3 pairs. I noticed a few weeks after I bought them that the same pairs could be found elsewhere with coupons for less than the SOS price, and they were free shipping.

I know it's for a great cause, and I contribute to this cause on my own. I do not feel compelled to purchase SOS due to the cause. If I can find the items elsewhere I will. I donate in other areas. What irks me is that QVC should be giving free shipping or at least reduced shipping. I paid about $23 last year in shipping costs alone. That totally ticks me off. They are not allowing for any type of shipping discounts.

Yes, I'm complaining about shoes on sale. It's too much of a frenzy, they don't have enough quantity in stock, and most of the shoes are last season or several seasons ago. I just don't think they are a great value. I do think it's a great cause though I choose to contribute to this cause on my own.

If the shoes didn't fit last year, I would have returned them. I remember seeing a poster stating she'd never return a pair bought on SOS, and it's her prerogative to state that. It is also my prerogative to state that I would. I'd not keep shoes that don't fit.Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I love Danskos so I will take a look however I think that as with of these functions why not just donate your money directly to the charity?

Super Contributor

I'm taking a chance a pair of Donald J Pliner.

Honored Contributor
The initiative is great. The offering....poor. Not one pair of shoes or boots is of interest to me. Some are awful, others look like what you would find at Nordstrom Rack-and overpriced for being odd, out of season or looking like leftovers from several seasons ago. Easy pass for me!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/2/2014 winamac1 said:

I think the majority of the shoes are duds with a few exceptions. Last year, I bought 3 pairs. I noticed a few weeks after I bought them that the same pairs could be found elsewhere with coupons for less than the SOS price, and they were free shipping.

I know it's for a great cause, and I contribute to this cause on my own. I do not feel compelled to purchase SOS due to the cause. If I can find the items elsewhere I will. I donate in other areas. What irks me is that QVC should be giving free shipping or at least reduced shipping. I paid about $23 last year in shipping costs alone. That totally ticks me off. They are not allowing for any type of shipping discounts.

Yes, I'm complaining about shoes on sale. It's too much of a frenzy, they don't have enough quantity in stock, and most of the shoes are last season or several seasons ago. I just don't think they are a great value. I do think it's a great cause though I choose to contribute to this cause on my own.

If the shoes didn't fit last year, I would have returned them. I remember seeing a poster stating she'd never return a pair bought on SOS, and it's her prerogative to state that. It is also my prerogative to state that I would. I'd not keep shoes that don't fit.Wink

I feel the same, win. I will write a check to those charities near and dear to my heart AND I don't need a pair of shoes or anything else in return.

Several years ago, I purchased 3 pair of SOS and none of them fit, to the point of being defective. I did return them and it cost me a lot of money!

What ticks me off the most is the good shoes are for sale at the FFANY event in NYC while the on-air shoes often seem to be off-season, weird colors or limited sizes.

I no longer watch the event.