Respected Contributor
On 10/1/2014 I am still oxox said:
On 9/30/2014 GypsyKarma said:
On 9/30/2014 jazzbabe said:

I wondered about that but when I went to the product page for the shoes the SOS price was listed as 50% of the retail price.

I clicked on an item to check after reading your post and you are correct. And this is what is always been advertised as the price. But the way it is set up when you search, I didn't even bother looking in more depth as it didn't look like much of a sale. Wonder how many others will do what I did and just pass on the items.

Something seems off, in years past the SOS prices were always 50% off the MSRP.

They still are listed at 50% off the MSRP if you go and look at the product page. The dollar more QVC price must be something they have to do or show.

Respected Contributor

When this event first started years ago, the shoes really were a deal. Nice shoes too. Now, the shoes look like styles they weren't able to move at ANY price out in the market place. It's truly about convincing you to donate to the cause, no matter what the shoes look like. Personally, I'd rather not be stuck with shoes I know I wouldn't wear.

Honored Contributor
On 10/1/2014 lovescats said:
On 10/1/2014 I am still oxox said:
On 9/30/2014 GypsyKarma said:
On 9/30/2014 jazzbabe said:

I wondered about that but when I went to the product page for the shoes the SOS price was listed as 50% of the retail price.

I clicked on an item to check after reading your post and you are correct. And this is what is always been advertised as the price. But the way it is set up when you search, I didn't even bother looking in more depth as it didn't look like much of a sale. Wonder how many others will do what I did and just pass on the items.

Something seems off, in years past the SOS prices were always 50% off the MSRP.

They still are listed at 50% off the MSRP if you go and look at the product page. The dollar more QVC price must be something they have to do or show.

The seem to have added the MSRP which was not there before

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor
On 10/1/2014 momcat said:

When this event first started years ago, the shoes really were a deal. Nice shoes too. Now, the shoes look like styles they weren't able to move at ANY price out in the market place. It's truly about convincing you to donate to the cause, no matter what the shoes look like. Personally, I'd rather not be stuck with shoes I know I wouldn't wear.

I totally agree momcat, they had an extensive line up of really nice shoes at good prices..looking at what they have now are shoes that didn't sell and the one pair I would have liked were only in narrow sizes. So like some of you posters, I will donate a check to the charity of my choice.

Honored Contributor

Oh good. It's that time of the year again when everyone will be complaining about the prices for the FFANY event.

As others have said, the price has ALWAYS been 50% off the MSRP so the MSRP has always been listed.

Some of you may not like it but QVC has raised a good deal of money for this event throughout the years.

Trusted Contributor

I picked up the tan Frye boots (sold out now).

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

I wish there were more comfortable shoes offered instead of some of the stiletto heels. Those days are long gone for me. The styles seem really out there. I agree they just do not offer as much of a selection as they did when FFANY was first on the Q. I purchased some great shoes but the last few years just could not find anything.

The same can be said for Super Saturday this last year was a bust. Truly awful items.

Super Contributor

I think it's a great event, the only problem I have ever had with the televised event is that they do not offer enough quantity and they do not prepare their phones so you can never get through, and the website is not equipped for the extra traffic and it crashes or freezes.

I don't watch or try to order during the event, it's not worth the effort. I do check the shoe of the day and sometimes order those, if they are something I'd like. There are usually a few brands I am interested in, and will order those unless they are a strange color or style.

Obviously, regarding price, if you order a shoe that is $20 with an MSRP of $40, you are saving $20. But if you order shoes that are more pricey and you pay $100, with an MSRP of $200, you are saving $100 thus you are clearly saving more money. But that's only for shoes that are truly shoes that you will wear. And I do wish the manufacturers, would donate more wearable colors. Like the shoe of the day today from Seychelles comes in fuschia and hunter green.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Great shoe, poor color choices. In that case, it feels like they donated those because they are poor sellers. However, some manufacturers "do" donate shoes in more wearable colors, and I will give them credit for that.

Some would rather write a check to the organization for research and that is good too, it's raising awareness. But I do think if they are having a televised event for this cause, they need to be more prepared and you'd think after all these years they would get it by now but it seems they don't.

I will buy shoes in the month of Oct. if I find some I like and will fit me. You won't see me buying extreme colors or 4 or 5 inch heels or something like that.

I saw a pair of Danskos this morning and they had my size, so I bought them. I would have ordered the Frye boots but they did not have my size. Those were a good deal. Nothing else in the lineup, I'd really use or need or care about so far.

Regular Contributor

ITA Ima

I'm debating on the Danskos, I have a black patent pair that I love and wear often and those were $120 and are rarely on sale. I like the Brown (and the price is great) but it irks me that there is a s&h charge on those and ONLY those. All other Danskos have Free shipping. Really??? I may cave and get them anyway.

I caught a sneak peak that GF posted a day or so ago and thought that the line-up looked better than previous years, but from what's posted, not so much. Maybe they are holding back for the actual presentation.

Have a great day Smile

Super Contributor

Every year I tune in and every year I realize that FFANY shoes are too far out for me.