Valued Contributor

I hope that they have more men's shoes this year. In the past, my husband would buy a couple of nice work shoes. Not last year.

Honored Contributor

Every one so far that I've been half way interested in is already sold out in my size!

Honored Contributor
On 10/2/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 10/2/2014 winamac1 said:

I think the majority of the shoes are duds with a few exceptions. Last year, I bought 3 pairs. I noticed a few weeks after I bought them that the same pairs could be found elsewhere with coupons for less than the SOS price, and they were free shipping.

I know it's for a great cause, and I contribute to this cause on my own. I do not feel compelled to purchase SOS due to the cause. If I can find the items elsewhere I will. I donate in other areas. What irks me is that QVC should be giving free shipping or at least reduced shipping. I paid about $23 last year in shipping costs alone. That totally ticks me off. They are not allowing for any type of shipping discounts.

Yes, I'm complaining about shoes on sale. It's too much of a frenzy, they don't have enough quantity in stock, and most of the shoes are last season or several seasons ago. I just don't think they are a great value. I do think it's a great cause though I choose to contribute to this cause on my own.

If the shoes didn't fit last year, I would have returned them. I remember seeing a poster stating she'd never return a pair bought on SOS, and it's her prerogative to state that. It is also my prerogative to state that I would. I'd not keep shoes that don't fit.Wink

I feel the same, win. I will write a check to those charities near and dear to my heart AND I don't need a pair of shoes or anything else in return.

Several years ago, I purchased 3 pair of SOS and none of them fit, to the point of being defective. I did return them and it cost me a lot of money!

What ticks me off the most is the good shoes are for sale at the FFANY event in NYC while the on-air shoes often seem to be off-season, weird colors or limited sizes.

I no longer watch the event.

Hi Magic. I rarely watch it anymore either. It's too crazy, and everything sells out in a second. If anything is "good"...i.e...Frye...it's sold out before presented as people find it online. I have found a few pairs in the past few years, but then...I hate paying shipping.

Returning the shoes DOES cost a lot of money. 3 or 4 years ago, I had to return 2 pairs as neither fit and the color was off. It cost me probably $20. Yep...I just write a check for causes that I donate to.

I hate paying QVC shipping charges and it's the principle of that which usually irks me big time. QVC ought to help out more by giving us a shipping discount.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
Going back to the original post -- I see that QVC has removed the "QVC price" and now only states the MSRP & the "FFANY Shoes on Sale price" to reflect the 50% off. So if anyone missed it before, they'd never see that the FFANY price is just $1 less than the QVC price. Still a great cause!
Honored Contributor

I have no doubt the best shoes are actually sold at the event in NYC and not presented on QVC. I think the same thing happens with the Hamptons event Lisa hosts during the summer.

I never buy shoes from this event simply because I feel I'm making a donation. If I see a pair of shoes I want, I buy them. If I want to donate money, I'd write a check.

And no, I'd never in a million years return an item that I purchased where the proceeds were going to a charity. There is something just not right about doing that. I know other people feel differently and that's fine.

Last year HSN sold items for a charity and those items were not not returnable.