Super Contributor

Re: FFANY- Interesting pricing...

On 10/16/2014 Luvmycats said:

Wild Diva Choice of Camouflage Wedge SneakersOH, MY.....HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

You really should keep your opinion to yourself. You always go off at the mouth without caring whose feelings you hurt. Many people need and enjoy this shoe for their outdoor winter activities. Just because YOU don't care for it by no means makes it hideous. I'll bet if we came to your house and inventoried you we could find plenty that would be hideous to us.

Besides, if you benefited from the funding and or research the sale of these "hideous" shoes bring, as I did, maybe you would hush up. Crass lady.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Remee said:
On 10/16/2014 Luvmycats said:

Wild Diva Choice of Camouflage Wedge SneakersOH, MY.....HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

You really should keep your opinion to yourself. You always go off at the mouth without caring whose feelings you hurt. Many people need and enjoy this shoe for their outdoor winter activities. Just because YOU don't care for it by no means makes it hideous. I'll bet if we came to your house and inventoried you we could find plenty that would be hideous to us.

Besides, if you benefited from the funding and or research the sale of these "hideous" shoes bring, as I did, maybe you would hush up. Crass lady.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I bought nothing though I really wanted the Ivanka Trump pink pumps. I missed out on those as they sold out before aired. Those were the perfect heel height for me, I loved the color and they are classic shoes.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 10/17/2014 winamac1 said:

I bought nothing though I really wanted the Ivanka Trump pink pumps. I missed out on those as they sold out before aired. Those were the perfect heel height for me, I loved the color and they are classic shoes.

Hi Win! Great minds think alike. They were the only shoes I was interested in as well and I missed out too!!
Esteemed Contributor

It's totally hit or miss. Some shoes are available for much less but in limited colors such as the Ivanka booties while others are more expensive elsewhere such as the new Cole Haan Magnolia flats.

black is 129 at Lord and Taylor but at 6pm this is 69 (at the q I think it was 90?)

These are 99.00 here but $129 at Zappos and more than than on Amazon.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 gardensla said:

It's totally hit or miss. Some shoes are available for much less but in limited colors such as the Ivanka booties while others are more expensive elsewhere such as the new Cole Haan Magnolia flats.

Cole Haan Magnolia Skimmer Leather Ballerina Flats

These are 99.00 here but $129 at Zappos and more than than on Amazon.

The Cole Haan Magnolia skimmers are not new in this color (sandstone), and they're about $83 on the Cole Haan site right now (which includes 30% off for Friends & Family), but there are next to no sizes left except in a color called elderberry. I own them in black. Although this style is not new, CH is still making lots of new color and texture variations in this silhouette. (By the way, if you like Cole Haan -- as I do -- this is a great time to purchase from that site!)

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they offered more in widths other than medium. Just think of how many more shoes that would have been ordered, therefore benefiting the cause even more.
Trusted Contributor

Most of the shoes were awful. And I agree about the camo-wedge shoes above -- cannot imagine wearing them for "outdoor activities." A wedge? Yikes. Better to just donate to the cause. Emperor's New Clothes. Please QVC, find some better styles.
Trusted Contributor

I was surprised that so many posted their disappointment in the selection. I thought a lot of the shoes represented current trends. All the donations are from the members of FFANY they do represent a large portion of shoes available. I bought two great pairs-- the Vince camuto bootie and the camo wedge pictured above. Granted not everyone is going to need a camo wedge. It's not an everyday shoe, but I see myself wearing them when Im super casual, heading to brunch with leggings or skinny jeans and a super soft cashmere sweater. It's a little something unexpected on a trend. You have to, one, know how to wear it; and two, the clothes to wear with it, in order for it to work. Honestly, if your wardrobe consists of several variations of plain black flats and dress strictly for comfort then of course your not going to buy any of the FFANY selections. You probably are not a "fashion customer" and I assume most qvc shoppers are not.